Best Commercial Riding Mower for start up

druidhillslawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
I run a lawn service out of Atlanta with 35 clients and am looking to upgrade to a riding mower or zero turn what do you suggest for fairly inexpensive

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I run a lawn service out of Atlanta with 35 clients and am looking to upgrade to a riding mower or zero turn what do you suggest for fairly inexpensive

Definitely a ZTR. With 35 clients you'll need to improve productivity. I've been using the Cub Cadet Z Force 48" commercial unit ( Lap Bars ) for years and at $4199 you can't beat it for the price. There will be other opinions I'm sure, that's just my 2 :2cents:

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

druidhillslawncare,
Don't know how you have managed to serve 35 clients without a riding mower or ZTR. With that testimonial of service and the price of the Cub Cadet Z Force it would definitely be hard to find much else that is "commercial quality" for that much money. I just completed searching for an entry-level commercial ZTR and everything I looked at ran between $5,500 and $7,000.

Threads
You could also do a commercial walk-behind (with optional sulky) or stand-on mower. That might be cheaper than a ZTR.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
You could also do a commercial walk-behind (with optional sulky) or stand-on mower. That might be cheaper than a ZTR.

I don't believe you'll find a stander cheaper, A walk behind with a sulky maybe but it would have to be belt drive, the hydro's are more expensive and personally I'd stay away from the WB with sulky.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would look at the Toro Titan line.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would look at the Toro Titan line.

Looked at those Titans....nice machines, but you'll need to go with the MX line to get high-end "residential"/low-end "commercial" quality. I think they ran $5,000-$6,000.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Right now you can find many of the Titan line under 5K. Time for dealers to clear out, and even the MX line is reduced.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Right now you can find many of the Titan line under 5K. Time for dealers to clear out, and even the MX line is reduced.

As we approach the end of mowing season in almost all regions of the U.S.(except maybe Florida:0) it's definitely the right time to bargain with dealers(I saved approx. $1,000 on my Gravely about 3 weeks ago). That's about the time I looked at the Toro's at the local dealer. I actually could have gotten the Z Master 2000 entry level Commercial Toro for just a tiny bit more than the Titan MX. That's probably what I would have bought if I had gone with the Toro.