best all around company

metz12

Threads
So, what is the best all around company? Craftsman, Husqvarna, Poulan/weedeater, John Deere, Toro, Echo, Stihl, MTD?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
So, what is the best all around company? Craftsman, Husqvarna, Poulan/weedeater, John Deere, Toro, Echo, Stihl, MTD?

The best all around company is what ever you prefer it to be. You forgot that there's a lot of others out there like Hustler, Wright, Dixie Chopper, there's at least 50 different mower company's to judge. It's all Individual preference. Now if you're talking a company that makes mowers I'd have to say the biggest would be MTD. It probably puts more mowing equipment on the market under different names than anyone.

Threads
Yeah I would have to agree with Ric that MTD puts out the most equipment.....tons of different brands. Here are some of the brands that are MTD companies, not to mention the brands that are made FOR other brands.
bolens.png mtd.png MTD gold.png mtd pro.png remington.png yard machines.png yard man.png (Our Products)

And then there are all the other brands that MTD makes mowers for, including......

Columbia, Craftsman, Cub Cadet, Cub Cadet Commercial, Cub Cadet Yanmar (joint with Yanmar), Farm King, GardenWay, Gutbrod, Gutbrod-Kehrer, Lawnflite, Mastercut, Mow Master, Mow Master Mastercut, MTD Black Edition, MTD Silver Edition, MTD Mowmaster, MTD Platinum Pro, MTD Platinum SD, MTD Super, MTD Taral, MTD Tradesman, MTD Turbomax, MTD 2000 Elite, Novotrac, Rasentrac, Remington, Ryobi (sold at Costco), Troy-Bilt, Ventzki, Ventzki MTD, White Outdoor, Yard-Man Elite, Yard-Man Select and YardWorks.

I took this list from Midnite Rider in this thread, I hope he doesn't mind: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/12228-you-cant-tell-me-there-difference.html.

But other than MTD, I think a good "all around company" is Honda. And not just because I like my Hondas. They make cars, ATV's, mowers, generators, boats, and even jets! (Honda Media Newsroom).
honda car.jpg honda atv.jpg honda generator.jpg honda jet.jpg HRC.jpg

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
If i remember right the biggest garden equipment manufacturer is the Husqvarna group.
Not just because of mowers but all the 2 stroke product throughout the brand names.

Threads
If i remember right the biggest garden equipment manufacturer is the Husqvarna group.
Not just because of mowers but all the 2 stroke product throughout the brand names.

Yeah you might be right. This is what is says on the Husqvarna Group's website:
The Husqvarna Group is the world's largest producer of outdoor power products including chainsaws, trimmers, lawn mowers and garden tractors. The Group is also the European leader in consumer watering products and one of the world leaders in cutting equipment and diamond tools for the construction and stone industries.
(Welcome to Husqvarna Group - a global leader in outdoor products | Husqvarna Group)