Bent CrankShaft on Briggs 625ex..Husqvarna Push Mower

Randy24

Forum Newbie
Hi all.
I have a Husqvarna AWD push mower powered by a Briggs & Stratton 625ex 150cc engine (093J02-0021-F1). I hit a rock and now have bent the crankshaft. It runs fine, however it vibrates a lot even after a blade change. My engine is no longer available and I am looking for a re-power option as the mower is only a year old! I can't find anyone including Briggs & Stratton directly that can tell me what model (if any) would be a direct replacement. Everytime I research my engine it comes up with the Briggs & Stratton 725exi?

Thank you for any help and guidance!

Randy
 
If the deck is in excellent shape and it was mine I would measure the size of the hole in the deck under the engine and how far down the blade was below the deck and go browsing in a junk yard and find an engine that would fit. I'd take some gas too to see if it would run. People throw away mowers all the time for minor issues. I have 2 that one of the rear wheels rusted off the deck. I welded a piece of steel on the back side and remounted the wheels and both start on the first pull of the starter string. If the bolt holes don't line up I've drilled new holes to mount the engine.

Dana
 
Repower
Small engine suppliers
Small engine warehouse
And most likely a lot more all specialise in replacement engines.
Most have a portal where you supply your mower details and the robot comes back with possible replacements.
 
Hi all.
I have a Husqvarna AWD push mower powered by a Briggs & Stratton 625ex 150cc engine (093J02-0021-F1). I hit a rock and now have bent the crankshaft. It runs fine, however it vibrates a lot even after a blade change. My engine is no longer available and I am looking for a re-power option as the mower is only a year old! I can't find anyone including Briggs & Stratton directly that can tell me what model (if any) would be a direct replacement. Everytime I research my engine it comes up with the Briggs & Stratton 725exi?

Thank you for any help and guidance!

Randy

I have the same problem, what ever came of this? I have the exact same model and I think I have a bent crankshaft. Let me know. Thanks!
 
More than likely you'll need a new crankshaft and seal, if you are mechanically able to do the work. Or find a short block or new a
Engine. Is your model # the same as the OP?
 
Briggs and Stratton suggests 093J02-0086 as a direct replacement, no short block available. Check with a local dealer or Jack's for price and availability. You may be further ahead replacing the mower but that's your call. If you have the tools and reasonable mechanical skills you can replace the crankshaft, I don't suggest trying to straighten it althogh some do. Stress cracks can lead to failure.
 
Back
Top