Belts keep breaking

Joe Z

Forum Newbie
Threads
Our cub was eating belts. I fixed it be repacking the spindles. Take them apart and clean and regressed. Using the grease gun did not do it!
The grease gun will not work if the bearing is sealed on the inner side. Why
Mine is a 23/50 force cub cadet. My belts keep breaking. I'm thinking the pulleys are not right. Seem it shreads my new belts as fast as I can put them on? Any suggestions?
Not to repeat what was already said I read a few of the comments. Did not read all of them but the few I did read gave some good information/ advice. If your bearings are bad it is not too difficult to replace them. When you buy new bearings geese them before installing. I had them delivered with very little grease. Let us know how it turns out.

rustycat

Threads
I have a Craftsman 48" deck and when I got it I found the original belts cracked and dried up. I ordered new belts after market brands and one of them lasted not even a mowing season and the other just one and a half mowing seasons. I guess the brand of belts makes a big difference.
Mine is a 23/50 force cub cadet. My belts keep breaking. I'm thinking the pulleys are not right. Seem it shreads my new belts as fast as I can put them on? Any suggestions?
Ied

MOMLOVESUALL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks picking up a new belt in the morning. Double checking everything. Thanks I will let you know how everything goes!
Lots of good info from all you guys! It was sitting for a couple of years. The old man sold it to me for $350! Yes, that's it. I bought two pulleys, a belt and replaced a big spring. She's running like a champ. Belt was wrong size. About half inch larger. Guy was selling me wrong size. Got the larger one from a different place! Thanks much for helping everyone, your help is really appreciated! Stay safe? MOMLOVESUALL. AUSTIN, Indiana.

MOMLOVESUALL

Forum Newbie
Threads
Lots of good info from all you guys! It was sitting for a couple of years. The old man sold it to me for $350! Yes, that's it. I bought two pulleys, a belt and replaced a big spring. She's running like a champ. Belt was wrong size. About half inch larger. Guy was selling me wrong size. Got the larger one from a different place! Thanks much for helping everyone, your help is really appreciated! Stay safe? MOMLOVESUALL. AUSTIN, Indiana.
Happy Mowing! So many people trying to buy this off me. Just gonna keep her!

a022mil

Threads
Had a husquava 38 inch mower that kept breaking belts, found out the problem was a broken frame, replaced frame,ok since.

Lbutler225

Threads
I had a similar problem. I was buying cheap belts off of amazon, best to buy the best belt.