barnhart

barnhart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Have a 2001 snapper RER . The motor dies when you let the clutch out. The blades are shut off. Does anyone know what could be wrong?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Welcome to LMF...

Is the engine shutting off as if the ignition is cut off??
Or is it overloading and dieing as if it can not turn the input to the drive system?? :smile:KennyV

barnhart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Welcome to LMF...

Is the engine shutting off as if the ignition is cut off??
Or is it overloading and dieing as if it can not turn the input to the drive system?? :smile:KennyV

Thanks for answering Kenny. The engine shuts off like you cut the ignition. The clutch brake also seems to have gotten easier to push down.

GoToGuy

Threads
The clutch/brake switch overrides the seat switch. when you release the clutch pedal the seatch switch is next in the circuit. Look there for your problem.

barnhart

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the best way to test the seat circuit? Can i unplug it and jumper it from one side of the wire to the other ?

benski

Threads
What is the best way to test the seat circuit? Can i unplug it and jumper it from one side of the wire to the other ?
Yes, you should be able to lash up a jumper wire and see if that does the trick. Before you condemn your switch, you might take a little contact cleaner and excercise the plunger several times. I've had about a 60% success rate doing this.:wink:

barnhart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, you should be able to lash up a jumper wire and see if that does the trick. Before you condemn your switch, you might take a little contact cleaner and excercise the plunger several times. I've had about a 60% success rate doing this.:wink:

Thanks benski I'll try that.