Bar and chain selection

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is on the bars nose tip.
1688501306567.png

After taking a look-see, the gauge is worm. Chain wiggles way too much. The tip of the teeth, on one side has a tiny bit of damage. The other side seems fine.

72 drive links

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Oregon Vesa-Cut bar 200VXLHK095 would be a good low cost choice for the bar.
Oregon 72LPX072 saw chain.

Both are very good, low cost, and the chain is a safety chain for homeowner use.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Oregon Vesa-Cut bar 200VXLHK095 would be a good low cost choice for the bar.
Oregon 72LPX072 saw chain.

Both are very good, low cost, and the chain is a safety chain for homeowner use.

For some reason, he won't have an Oregon product. Says he wants Jonsered or Husq.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well he if get either Husqvarna or Jonsered bar he going to get an Oregon bar as that's who makes the bars for them. He just be paying extra for the name to painted on it.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm getting the picture that it's doesn't matter if it's an 058 or an 050 gauge, as long as the bar and chain match. Is this going to have an effect on the sprocket?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well he if get either Husqvarna or Jonsered bar he going to get an Oregon bar as that's who makes the bars for them. He just be paying extra for the name to painted on it.

According to what I'm seeing, Husq is back to making their own chains.

Does Husqvarna make their own chains?

Husqvarna X-CUT®: Designing a better chainsaw chain ...

These cutting-edge chains are built in the place where it all began: Husqvarna headquarters in Huskvarna, Sweden.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'm getting the picture that it's doesn't matter if it's an 058 or an 050 gauge, as long as the bar and chain match. Is this going to have an effect on the sprocket?

Not that I know of but check the rim sprocket anyways as maybe heavy worn. Or least at the IPL says the saw is setup in a rim drive drum. It just the .058 is a heavier chain and bar will also be heavier and will affect the feel of the saw.
According to what I'm seeing, Husq is back to making their own chains.

Does Husqvarna make their own chains?

Husqvarna X-CUT®: Designing a better chainsaw chain ...

These cutting-edge chains are built in the place where it all began: Husqvarna headquarters in Huskvarna, Sweden.
I haven't seen any info on that but could be possible but I kinda doubt it. I just pull a chain guide and they were still referencing the Oregon products.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Anyway if the customer insists on the name brand then let him spend his money and you make the profit. It is like some my customers insists on Craftsman parts I just given the Craftsman price for the Husqvarna and MTD parts.