Bad boy revolt not charging

Freddie21

Threads
Charge the battery then take to auto parts store and have it checked. It may not be able to charge, or hold, a full charge. Make sure all connections are clean and tight. If you measure voltage from Batt-, or regulator ground, to chassis it should be very close to 0v with battery connected, or 0 ohms with it not.

Poodlehead

Threads
I know you verified the ground connection, but I'd make sure the negative end of the bat cable is nice and "tight" where it connects to the engine. I had funky voltage readings before and it was due to that loose ground conn.

Freddie21

Threads
If you're jumping it at the battery, measure the regulator voltage with the charge on. Should be same as at the battery. With the engine running and the jump still on, I'm not sure if the stator would supply enough to measure an increase from a large battery's output. Get the mower's battery charged and verified. Can be done at any auto parts store. The reinstall and see if you're measuring the 12v at the regulator with engine off. Start and see if it increases. Should never be less than battery voltage. I can see how you can damage a regulator jumping with a car battery with a high amperage output.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
With engine running and battery connected what is the voltage from ground to output tab on regulator? Is it the same as ground to battery positive?
You may find all is good, just need to allow the battery voltage to grow from a low level to full. Put on a charger. measure key on engine off, key on engine running. If an increase, system is charging.

Auto Doc's

Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You need to quit jump starting it and put the battery on a charger to get it fully charged. Fortunately, you have not burned up the stator (yet). The charging system on the machine is for maintaining a fully charged battery, not to recharge a low or dead one.

Once a fully charged battery is installed, run a jumper wire from the regulator 12V out charging pin directly to the battery positive and see if it has charging voltage (above idle). If it does, that would indicate an open in the harness or a bad connector pin. trace wire down to find the problem.

If the regulator is not putting out charge voltage (above idle), it is defective.

Ebtate8

Threads
You need to quit jump starting it and put the battery on a charger to get it fully charged. Fortunately, you have not burned up the stator (yet). The charging system on the machine is for maintaining a fully charged battery, not to recharge a low or dead one.

Once a fully charged battery is installed, run a jumper wire from the regulator 12V out charging pin directly to the battery positive and see if it has charging voltage (above idle). If it does, that would indicate an open in the harness or a bad connector pin. trace wire down to find the problem.

If the regulator is not putting out charge voltage (above idle), it is defective.
Thanks for all the help. It seems the regulator pins from the aftermarket regulator do not line up the same as the factory. I had to split the stator wires from their harness and run them individually to the correct posts. All is good now.