Bad boy revolt not charging

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Yes. These are both 8v and does not change

the battery is not fully charged. I’m jumping it off to start the mower.
Charge the battery to 12.75 volts, then check to see if it is charging. System will not charge a flat uncharged battery.

Ebtate8

Threads
Regularors need the battery to excite them to start charging. 8v should be enough. It does sound like a bad regulator
I have 8.5v across the battery. 10V from the regulator to ground with the engine running WOT. The stator is 32VAC. Any other ideas? It seems the battery is slowly discharging. It started at 9.5v and continues to decline with the motor running.

Ebtate8

Threads
I have 8.5v across the battery. 10V from the regulator to ground with the engine running WOT. The stator is 32VAC. Any other ideas? It seems the battery is slowly discharging. It started at 9.5v and continues to decline with the motor running.
Also, the ground is good measuring the same voltage from the ground screw to the positive on the battery as it does across the battery.

Ebtate8

Threads
Also, the ground is good measuring the same voltage from the ground screw to the positive on the battery as it does across the battery.
Update - I put a charged battery in place and everything is not operating perfectly. It seems the regulator needs 12V to produce the continued 12V+ charge. Measuring across the battery at WOT now reads 13.5V+. Thanks for all the help.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Another satisfied customer. Glad to heat she is running again. (y)

Ebtate8

Threads
Another satisfied customer. Glad to heat she is running again. (y)
So it seems we have an issue again. After two days of starting and running strong, I had to jump the battery to get the mower running this morning. While mowing, it just died and I cannot get it restarted. Nothing works. There is no power at all. Am I looking at a bad starter switch issue?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would say a parasitic current draw. Something is drawing current with the key off. Need to go circuit by circuit and find it. Many youtubes out there on this subject.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like a blown fuse or a loose wire terminal but without the serial number can't look up anything.

But here is a wiring diagram from a 2019 model which definely lacking info on what ea connector is for.
1725084937531.png

Last edited: