back from texas

LandN

Threads
what a awesome state,----dallas , ft.worth were the biggest towns i went to. the rest were very small towns,which is where i spent most of the time---antiques,old buildings,lots of history,lots of rust free old cars,stayed on a cattle ranch for a while and fed the cows and bottle fed the calves,lots of W I D E open land,talked to everybody,old gas stations:thumbsup:......the train ride:confused2: was 21 hrs.down there,but missed a lot of scenery during continued night time travel very hard to walk in the train due to car swaying,train food was fair,sleeping on the coach car was1-2 hr.cat naps,observation car was nice for panoramic views hard to take pictures due to movement,you mostly see distressed properties and a lot of views were hindered by tall brush and overgrowth along the tracks.in the middle of the train trip we were notified they could not bring us home and had to hitch a bus ride the last 5 hrs going home(track issues)plus had to sit idle in the woods at night for 2 hrs.so a crew could clear debris from the tracks:mad: ---most hardware,lawnmowers,gas,food, string trimmers, etc. was priced and product recognition were like here at home,couple different hardware stores were nice.looking forward to making the trip again with my truck to bring a few things home and stop were I want to stop at.i'll try to post some pics soon as i figure out how, later guys.

Two-Stroke

Lawn Addict
Threads
That sounds like quite an adventure.

One simple way to post photos is to scroll down below the box where you're typing a reply and click on "Manage Attachments". The photos need to be on your computer first.:wink:

Please share the pictures.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well ...is Rail Travel all that it could be?? :smile:KennyV

LandN

Threads
Well ...is Rail Travel all that it could be?? :smile:KennyV

could be? it could be if my wife and i could have sat together on the way down(a number of couples were not together in coach car) the food could have been better.real hard to get pictures while moving.(only when your stopped).traveling through the night/dark hours loses a lot of scenery.could have been better if the train could have brought us back home instead of dropping us midway to catch a bus the remainder of the way(track work)..... my take is, short trips -maybe yes. long trips probably not for me,BUT i can understand the peoples choice for it..... i like my freedom to stop where i want. eat where i want.and see what i want. on a scale 1-10(10 THE BEST) i'll give it a 5, my next trip there will be plane(3 hrs.) or my truck (to bring stuff back home)

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
could be? it could be if my wife and i could have sat together on the way down(a number of couples were not together in coach car) the food could have been better.real hard to get pictures while moving.(only when your stopped).traveling through the night/dark hours loses a lot of scenery.could have been better if the train could have brought us back home instead of dropping us midway to catch a bus the remainder of the way(track work)..... my take is, short trips -maybe yes. long trips probably not for me,BUT i can understand the peoples choice for it..... i like my freedom to stop where i want. eat where i want.and see what i want. on a scale 1-10(10 THE BEST) i'll give it a 5, my next trip there will be plane(3 hrs.) or my truck (to bring stuff back home)

Thanks for sharing your expereinces...gave me an idea for a new thread here. :thumbsup: