B&S Stator

Geochurchi

Threads
Hi, what should the resistance be on a 20 Amp Stator?
Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
In order to check these you really need a milli ohm meter. Very very few are out there these days. If you are lucky enough to know an electrician he might still have one. About the only thing you can for is open circuit or a short to the stator frame with the DVMM we normally have laying around.

Plus Briggs only provides us with the following specs.
1675775609153.png

Geochurchi

Threads
Hi, I am an electrician, I was looking for the resistance value of the coil, but aside from that, the stator leads are yellow and have a black connector, what capacity is the stator?

Geochurchi

Threads
It’s flat black, and the terminals are flat, nothing seems to match up, you’re supposed to be able to tell stator by wire color and connector color. NOT!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The only ones with the flat terminals are the 20 amp stators according the alternator guide.
1676241443512.png

But right wire colors and terminal housing colors no longer means a thing. They be have changed vendors and they didn't the colors right.

Can you post an image of the connector you have? Kinda sounds like someone replaced the connector

Geochurchi

Threads
Nope! Brand new motor out of the box, that’s why I say the color coding is not correct, I tried to post a pic but the file is to large.

shadetree#1

Threads
Just wondering why?
Do you have the stator out of the engine or is the stator in question still installed?
Is your charging system not working, are you replacing a stator or are you installing a charging system onto a Briggs engine?
What is your engine Model, type and code and what are you wanting to operate/charge, etc???

Briggs usually just lists AC output from the stator with the engine at high rpm's.
You can look in the Briggs SERVICE manuals starting with your engine model and type and see pictures of your stator configuration and them look at the specs.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Nope! Brand new motor out of the box, that’s why I say the color coding is not correct, I tried to post a pic but the file is to large.
Yes all smart phone images are too big. You must reduce the images to something 1000 x 1000 pixels using conversion program. Personally I uusally convert to 600 x 600 here. And my accounting software prefers 300 x 300 max.

Anything is possible with Briggs now they just don't seem to have any kind of the service info they once did. You are not the only they are driving nuts lately.

Also since it is a new motor you have in front of you please the model and type numbers so I can look it up here on the Power Portal.

Last edited: