B&S Died

jakesmurray

Threads
I started my mower and it fired right up. I went to start mowing and the second i engaged the blades, it made a little pop sound, and the engine died. I tried to immediately restart it, and it made a couple of little pops while trying to restart, but it never turned over. Now when i try to start it, it doesnt even pop, it just spins and spins and spins. I know it is getting fuel and it has normal compression like it always has. I have not yet checked for spark, which i believe might be the problem. Do you think the ignition coil has gone bad? It is a Briggs 12.5 HP, I/C Quiet engine.
Thanks

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes, it could be the coil. Disconnect the kill wire, and try to start. I have seen a lot of kill wires rubbed through shorting out the coil. Best to disconnect at the coil.

jakesmurray

Threads
Ok, I will try those things, I am in Colorado on vacation right now. Will do it when I get back. Thanks

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am in Colorado on vacation right now.

Now that can't be any fun, just think of all the fun you are missing by not being home working on your mower.

jakesmurray

Threads
I am in Colorado on vacation right now.

Now that can't be any fun, just think of all the fun you are missing by not being home working on your mower.

I know, I wish I was home! Just kidding... :laughing: