B&S 12.5hp on 28" Snapper rear engine rider.

g-man57

Threads
I put a new battery into the mower and it worked fine. But the red plastic cover over the positive terminal was shot - so I ordered some covers. Today I installed them on both terminals - r/b. The starter gets juice but it doesn't turn over. Sounds like a stuck solenoid on a 1966 Ford I used to have as a kid.

Juice to both leads. Batt is up, I rocked the mower - in gear. But nothing. I get tired - I'm an old man now so I quit for the day. Just a thought...Tomorrow I'll disconnect the leads and put a jump pack onto them (leads) to ensure the starter is working. I expect it to 'moan' like an old (fill in the blank). I did mow twice this year with new battery sans plastic post covers. I did something but don't know what.

Help would be appreciated. Thanks. Bob

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, check to see that the unit is in neutral and the PTO is off. Second, check that the battery cable going to the solenoid is tight and the battery ground cable is tight on the chassis connection. Third, do you hear the solenoid click when you try to start the engine?

g-man57

Threads
I'll have to check the cable connections tomorrow. We have severe storms moving in - 2 inch hail just west of me. So I'm buttoned up now.

Thanks... I agree - should like juice to solenoid, but not enought. No click.