average rpm

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just 1 "can" of the Echo Power Blend for 1 gallon of gas...I hardly EVER use my 2100.

You said you noticed that when it is at "full-throttle", it sounds a lot more powerful and more "revved up" than my new SRM-225 at full power. If you are using a 50 to 1 mix and that thing seems more revved up it may be your running the wrong mix. Those older units ran something like a 30 to 1. You mite want to do some checking on the mixture, just sayin. Just for grins I'm going to see if I can find a manual for that thing.

Threads
You said you noticed that when it is at "full-throttle", it sounds a lot more powerful and more "revved up" than my new SRM-225 at full power. If you are using a 50 to 1 mix and that thing seems more revved up it may be your running the wrong mix. Those older units ran something like a 30 to 1. You mite want to do some checking on the mixture, just sayin. Just for grins I'm going to see if I can find a manual for that thing.

Oh, OK. Here is a picture from another thread of the oil I use (just so you know)...http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attac...352050206-new-echo-oil-red-armor-dscn1174-jpg

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Oh, OK. Here is a picture from another thread of the oil I use (just so you know)...http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/attac...352050206-new-echo-oil-red-armor-dscn1174-jpg

That's a 50 to 1 mix and that's OK for the new units but may not be for that 2100. I just looked up the manual for the 2100 and it said a 32 : 1 ratio with Echo oil or a 50 : 1 ratio with special oil approved by Echo. Now if that means there new oil, I don't know. icon_scratch.png

You can look up the manual here: http://www.echo-usa.com/Support-Help/Technical-Documents.aspx?s=GT-230&acc=true&c=en-us Just put GT 2100 in the Document search box, then click on the operators manual.

Threads
That's a 50 to 1 mix and that's OK for the new units but may not be for that 2100. I just looked up the manual for the 2100 and it said a 32 : 1 ratio with Echo oil or a 50 : 1 ratio with special oil approved by Echo. Now if that means there new oil, I don't know. View attachment 9885

You can look up the manual here: Operator Manuals, Safety Manuals, Parts Catalogs, Safety Videos | ECHO USA Just put GT 2100 in the Document search box.

Hmmmm....yeah I don't know what that means. I am not really worried, though, because if the 2100 gets used twice a season it's lucky. I always use the SRM-225.

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have an Echo GT-2100 that was purchased around 25 years ago. When I use it I noticed that when it is at "full-throttle", it sounds a lot more powerful and more "revved up" than my new SRM-225 at full power. Also, when it is idling the head does spin. So from what you said that means that the idle rpm is too high, and maybe that causes the "full-throttle" rpm to be too high also? Correct?

The GREAT Ryobi 790R I had for 10 years of brutal usage just died. (Flywheel/coil cost prohibitive) Critics bash such units as "1/2 crank," which may refer to lack of a second main journal (comments).Anyway I do believe lack of location did kill it when flywheel touched coil.

After weeks online staring at pictures I bought a discounted 31 cc Sears because it resemble the 790r. Behold, I have the unit and "may" be able to click in the bottom part of the old unit which includes a bolt on- brush blade. The new unit chokes at full throttle, but is very strong at 8/10s. I notice it does comply with some EPA emissions. It reminds me of auto engines in the 70's which were leaned out beyond reason. I can see that the new carb has sealed main jet, no adjustment. Maybe I can do a transplant. The low rpm does not change the high rpm. I have read the upper rpm is typically
7000, but perhaps some of the 26cc units can hit 10,000. Race 2 strokes go 17,000 & beyond.

Pinkchick

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Makita cordless string trimmer is best it runs between 5,000 - 6,500rmp
For gas expect slightly more power and variable speed around 3,100 - 8,220rmp. Dont need such low speed settings though.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pinkchick- Don't expect too fast of replies to this thread, it was from Nov 25/ 2012

My gas / mix Shindaiwa revs to 10,000 rpms. And is smooth as glass.