Autochoke Sucks!

Giddy-up

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I purchased a Troy-built self propelled lawn mower with the honda gcv160 auto choke engine about 3 years ago. I really liked this mower, especially the personal pace feature, however, this auto choke system is driving me crazy. The last year I've had nothing but problems with engine surge after warm up. I've had it in the shop twice and after a few cuts, it's back doing the same. What was honda thinking?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
"I hope this will keep those idiot morons at the EPA happy"

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sorry, but I don’t agree with your accessment of today’s AutoChoke systems. Even though I’m not a Honda guy, they do have one of the best if unit is kepted serviced properly, something you or your service shop probably didn’t do. I’ll bet your AutoChoke thermostat either opens too fast or doesn’t open at all when you try to start the unit. Someone has used a spray cleaner to try to get it to move and ruined the thermostat, which now needs to be replaced. Can’t blame a mechanical part going bad, when it is serviced improperly. You can now go to the back of the long line of those who don’t like my answers and think I’m nuts.

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
:welcome: Welcome to the forum!

That does sound like an annoyance.
I'm going to move this thread over to our Troy-Bilt section.

Giddy-up

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I purchased a Troy-built self propelled lawn mower with the honda gcv160 auto choke engine about 3 years ago. I really liked this mower, especially the personal pace feature, however, this auto choke system is driving me crazy. The last year I've had nothing but problems with engine surge after warm up. I've had it in the shop twice and after a few cuts, it's back doing the same. What was honda thinking?

Contacted Troy Bilt. All I got from them was to contact Honda. Didn't even respond to other owners having the same problem as me.

Guess what? I have a mower up for sale.