Ariens Z Mower

ep103

Threads
I have an Ariens Z Mower that I just installed a new Briggs and Stratton engine in it, in July, so it still has about a year and a half left on the factory warranty, it has a 40 inch deck, and I am trying to get $1600 out of it, is that pretty close or am I to low or high ?

Threads
I have an Ariens Z Mower that I just installed a new Briggs and Stratton engine in it, in July, so it still has about a year and a half left on the factory warranty, it has a 40 inch deck, and I am trying to get $1600 out of it, is that pretty close or am I to low or high ?

WELCOME TO LMF!
I would say too high, but it all depends where you sell it and who is looking at it.

ep103

Threads
what do you think it would be worth, the engine alone was around $625, I am willing to listen, I need to move this to make room in my garage..

Threads
what do you think it would be worth, the engine alone was around $625, I am willing to listen, I need to move this to make room in my garage..

The thing is, a lot of the time you can put in $1,000 on just part of a mower, and when you sell it, the whole thing won't be worth that much. If you are going to put it on Craigslist I would say start around $800. I know you would like $1,600, but mowers can be like cars, how much they are worth decreases very quickly. Also, you could wait to get some other opinions on what other people think.
Good luck!
-lmf :smile:

scott47429

Threads
also your selling at the wrong time of year if at all possible if you can make the room sit on it over the winter and sell it in the spring you will get more out of it

Threads
also your selling at the wrong time of year if at all possible if you can make the room sit on it over the winter and sell it in the spring you will get more out of it

Yeah I agree....fall/winter is good for buying a mower, and spring/summer is good for selling.

Parkmower

Threads
How old is this machine? I think $1500 is fine. It's a ZT! Not some rider.

ep103

Threads
I will try to learn how to post some photos, I'm an old man and it hard learning new tricks..Thanks for the advice, I will make room for it and try to sell it again in the spring.. Ed