Screenshot_2.png
    75.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 15

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks EngineMan for your help. I wish I could figure out how to put diagrams in my posts.

sjm

Threads
Thank you. How do I determine if I have a 5 amp system or a 9 amp system?

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you care to read the note's you will that they are the same....! (to test)

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As EngineMan said read all the info we have given you. Whether you have a 5--9 amp stator does not make a difference to your problem.

sjm

Threads
OK. I thought I needed to know in order to do the Alternator Output Test, because of the difference in the voltage readings between the 5 amp and 9 amp systems. After re-reading I guess that is not necessary.

I will proceed to 1) replace both ignition coils, 2) test and replace the voltage regulator and see if that solves the problem. If not then replace the stator.

Thank you, Rivets and EngineMan for all the help!

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Am sure you'll fix it if not come back and ask someone will be here for you...:thumbsup:

OverKill

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought an Ariens 46" riding mower,brand new,last month. Got it home ,started it once,then wouldn't start after that. Called Ariens,and they sent a local small engine repair guy,who is an athorized service repairman to the house,picked up my mower. The battery was the problem. He replaced it ,and brought it back to me. No problem now.
Excellent service from Ariens,and the repair guy.
Anyway, Just cause it's new,don't mean anything with batteries. Get yourself another one,and I bet you'll be good. They are not that expensive if yours isn't still under warranty.
By the way, I charged the original battery,and it still didn't start. Even with the charger saying it was full charge.