Apple Scmapple

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
I didn't get the chance to watch much TV last holiday season. But this year, I'm in a better situation and can watch all I want. One thing I've always looked forwards to was Peanuts (Charlie Brown and Snoopy).
Since I'm streaming this year, but can still watch local TV, I wanted to find out what channel was going to air the holiday specials. I haven't watched them every year. But every year I knew when they were coming on, I was there. And was looking forward to this years holiday specials.

Well I found this:

Fans are not happy after Apple bought the rights to stream Peanuts holiday specials meaning they won't broadcast on TV this year​

For many families, Peanuts holiday specials are seasonal hallmarks but don't expect to turn on the TV and watch them this year.

After 20 years with ABC, Apple acquired the rights to "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown," "A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving," and "A Charlie Brown Christmas".

According to Vulture, this will be the first year since the first special debuted in 1965 that the Peanuts specials won't air on broadcast TV. That year, the Christmas special aired on CBS, which was its home until ABC won the rights in 2000.

Instead, Apple is offering the specials only via its streaming service, Apple TV Plus. Fans do not seem to be happy about the change.

Remind me to never buy an apple product.

upupandaway

Threads
Apple has the talent to always known just how much to piss off\insult users but still keep them as customers.
I have never and never will buy an apple product. My work gave me a macbook pro 16"- the one with the dumb scroll bar or whatever. It has a nice coat of dust sitting on my bookshelf. I'm going to see how thick the dust can get.
All I would suggest is to rent a DVD copy from the library.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
<rant on>>
Apple/Mac......never drank the kool aid. Not sure why folks get upset when i do Consulting work for them and tell them i don't do mac/iphone/ipad. I have enough trouble dealing with all the crap Microshit does.
<rant off>

davisjt1977

Threads
I am sympathetic to your comments, but I absolutely hate Google for doing what they do & have eliminated them from my life. Most major corporations and especially the tech companies see consumers as nothing but slaves. To me Apple is the lesser of the evils despite the Charlie Brown debacle. I would leave apple in a minute if I could fine a real secure system.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Apple Crapple! Plus their new phones spy on you!
Blackburry was the only phone with real security but not enough people would pay what i cost to maintain it
In most cases it is not the hardwear but what people put on it that does the "spying" and this goes for any device that is connected to the web.
But people do not seem to care judging by the sales of the house control devices and "smart TV's" neither of which grace either my residence or work shop.
Then there are all the clowns with "Free" email accounts who actually believe that Gmail, AOL , Yahoo & all the others arn't snooping.

davisjt1977

Threads
Blackburry was the only phone with real security but not enough people would pay what i cost to maintain it
In most cases it is not the hardwear but what people put on it that does the "spying" and this goes for any device that is connected to the web.
But people do not seem to care judging by the sales of the house control devices and "smart TV's" neither of which grace either my residence or work shop.
Then there are all the clowns with "Free" email accounts who actually believe that Gmail, AOL , Yahoo & all the others arn't snooping.
SO RIGHT!
I have spent a lot of time investigating APPS on phones & it reveals that 98% of them track you and collect data. Oh Yes, "We collect no personal data". HA! At a minimum they get your IP Address and the device ID. With the IP address, they know exactly where you are (unless you are on a GOOD VPN). Also, the device ID is unique. What more do they need to KNOW it is you (or your 2 year old).

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
SO RIGHT!
I have spent a lot of time investigating APPS on phones & it reveals that 98% of them track you and collect data. Oh Yes, "We collect no personal data". HA! At a minimum they get your IP Address and the device ID. With the IP address, they know exactly where you are (unless you are on a GOOD VPN). Also, the device ID is unique. What more do they need to KNOW it is you (or your 2 year old).

And lately, I've been having to put in my phones digit code to access apps. This is AFTER I've unlocked my phone and doing stuff. But to install an app, they want to use my unlock code again.
I'm seriously, if all this information I'm giving out is making someone rich, ok fine. Just give a share of it.
After all it is MY information they're selling.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads

Holy cow man, I was unpacking boxes that had been in storage or in closets for many years, and ran across an old Blackberry phone. I think i got that back in the mid to late 2000's.