Anyone have feed back on battery hedge trimmers

kandalawncare

Forum Newbie
Threads
So me and my gas hedge trimmers dont get along , but put an electric hedg trimmer in my hand and im like edward sissor hands , my problem is using electric on the job , and dont have the extra space for a gennie and 300 ft of cord, was really thinking of battery operated , I think stihl , echo, or someone must have a decent battery operated set up, anybody use them please let me know , thanks kevin

Threads
So me and my gas hedge trimmers dont get along , but put an electric hedg trimmer in my hand and im like edward sissor hands , my problem is using electric on the job , and dont have the extra space for a gennie and 300 ft of cord, was really thinking of battery operated , I think stihl , echo, or someone must have a decent battery operated set up, anybody use them please let me know , thanks kevin

Stihl has 2 electric and 1 battery-powered---the HSA 65: HSA 65 Hedge Trimmer - Cordless Hedge Trimmers | STIHL USA It would probably only work for you if you used it on like 2 properties a day, one in the AM, one in the PM, so it had time to charge.
stihl.png

Last edited:

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Stihl has the HSA 65 cordless hedge trimmer with 36-volt STIHL Lithium-Ion battery power and is supposed to be strong enough for professional use, and Echo has the DHC 30 battery operated hedge trimmer.

Threads
The Echo hedge trimmer you are referring to is not made anymore. At least in the U.S. Here is a picture of it. I think the Stihl one would be less of a hassle, not having to carry around the battery pack, etc. But maybe the Echo would be better for commercial use since it might have a longer battery life.

Attachments

• echo hedge trimmer battery.jpg
    echo hedge trimmer battery.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 16

MowerMike

Threads
Greenworks also makes a hedge trimmer that uses a 40 volt Li-Ion battery that has a long run time. I have their 16" lawn mower, 12" chainsaw and leaf blower that use the same battery. It is probably a lot less expensive than the Stihl brand battery powered trimmers.

Threads
Greenworks also makes a hedge trimmer that uses a 40 volt Li-Ion battery that has a long run time. I have their 16" lawn mower, 12" chainsaw and leaf blower that use the same battery. It is probably a lot less expensive than the Stihl brand battery powered trimmers.

Yeah that might be a good alternative if you don't want to spend a lot of money. I don't know what the quality is of either piece of equipment, though.

ModernMode

Threads
Price the batteries before you buy.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads

One option that works for me.

I use electric trimmers a lot and run them off of a power inverter on the truck. Most times the truck is not that terribly far from the shrubs and I have a 1500 watt power inverter. It works great to run a set of hedge trimmers or an electric chainsaw or basically anything you need to run that is 110 volt electric. I have had my inverter for about 6 years and forget what I paid for it but it is not that expensive and is a very good option. Also if you get one get an electric impact wrench. You can use it to change lawn mower blades and change trailer tires or truck tires.

ZZUNIGA75

Forum Newbie
Threads

I BOUGHT A RYOBI 40V 13" CORDLESS STRING TRIMMER/EDGER AND MAN THIS THING WORKS GREAT. i PAID $169.00 BUT IT CAME WITH THE 40 VOLT LITHIUM ION BATTERY, STRING, CHARGER, AND MANUAL. I LOVE IT.

raybees41

Forum Newbie
Threads
I BOUGHT A RYOBI 40V 13" CORDLESS STRING TRIMMER/EDGER AND MAN THIS THING WORKS GREAT. i PAID $169.00 BUT IT CAME WITH THE 40 VOLT LITHIUM ION BATTERY, STRING, CHARGER, AND MANUAL. I LOVE IT.

I recently bought Ryobi 40V hedge trimmer, I was able to prune back over 100' of arborvitae ( alot of thick branches) with almost mind blowing ease, the unit ran flawlessly, well balanced, relatively quiet, less than 1/2 the charge for what I did. The best thing was not having to deal with a fussy gas powered unit,fumes,noise. I know there are great gas powered runs but for the most bang for your buck this Ryobi is hard to beat, again because of the noise level you don't have to worry about disturbing your neighbors. BTW 2 months later with the remaining charge I was able to help my nephew at his house with a variety of plants, just picked up the machine and away I went,pretty cool. I look forward to expanding my arsenal of cordless tools. I only wish there was an external grease fittings for the unit, hoping this won't be an issue down the road.