Any Texans Here?

S

sturdybelt

Howdy again,

Wow, it's good to see you all on here! :smile: Some of you Texans longer than others. I cannot say my whole lineage is Texan like CarlGlas or let alone born and raised, but I sure do love it here!

I noticed y'all have quite the broad spectrum of mowers too. So what made ya pick your mower brand? Think you made the right choice?

Until later..

Rob

CarlGlas

Threads
I cruised on my Goldwing up to Cleveland not too long ago to visit an aging distant relative who recently moved there from Houston. He lives off of CR 331. Lovely country up there. I am beginning to dislike the metropolitan area. I also have a distant relative living in Helotes, which is to the NW of San Antonio, as well as my mother in law lives in San Antonio, near the Medical Center at 410 and the Bandera Highway.

What a story. It must have been quite a life. Thanks. I was raised in San Anton, Lived in several places around the state. Now living in Cleveland out side of Houston. My place is dry, If I had chickens the eggs would be fried to. I dont have any tales of the old days. I never knew my grand parents. My dad was born in 1917 but never told many stories of them days. There is no place like Texas.

lizard

Threads
Love Texas.........but live in Australia.........but it hot and beautiful......so why not come to Aussie?:biggrin:

wayne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Howdy from the thriving metropolis of Colmesneil.:thumbsup: Not only hot but dry here. If we don't get any rain soon my burn pile will reach Aggie size soon.:eek:

Hot and dry is better than freezing and wet. Cleburne,Godley area. I have come to the conclusion that natural gas farming is better than dirt farming. Have a great winter. Wayne

cubby

Threads
Hey! I lived in Texas from '78 to '83 do I qualify? I first moved to Clute, then Angleton and finaly ended up in

West Columbia where I still own property today. My wife and I have many good friends there , they accepted

us as one of their own. Can't say enough good things about living there. I also learned to smoke meat and

drink a lot of Lone Star! welcome to a great forum.....cubby

P.S. I heard all the way up here in Jersey that Lone Star isn't the national beer of Texas anymore,
Say it ain't so!!!

noma

Threads
Welcome aboard hope to hear a lot from texas,havn't been down that way for a long time. Been to the pan-handle area of texas:rolleyes:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am impressed with the snow storms you have along I-40... been stranded in them before...
And still some people do not believe it snows in Texas... Ha ha...
:smile:KennyV

Ifixdit

Threads
I'm not a Texan but my sister and brother in law are. If you're down in the Flower Mound area you should drop in and check out their new shop, Lonestar Popcorn. You won't be disappointed!! The Sopapilla is great! All Texans need to unite and hopefully rally the Rangers to a come from behind victory against the Giants in the World Series. Go Rangers!! I wish I could get the contract to mow the stadium grass (after all, this is a lawnmower forum :tongue:)