Any info on the Briggs 700 Series DOV engines?

Well I finally got a chance to try this mower on a big lawn. Being about 40 degrees here, it took like ten tries to get it running. About three to fire, and then a lot more to stay running. I can't say much for evenness, as the lawn was full of little holes and things, put power was pretty good. I only notice a drop of rpm's in the really tall stuff, but it was barely noticeable. It was also disappointing when I mowed through the tall stuff, because it missed quite a bit of grass. So I will try it some more in the spring to get a good opinion on it, but otherwise, it seems okay, maybe not worth $190, but okay.
 
Well I finally got a chance to try this mower on a big lawn. Being about 40 degrees here, it took like ten tries to get it running. About three to fire, and then a lot more to stay running. I can't say much for evenness, as the lawn was full of little holes and things, put power was pretty good. I only notice a drop of rpm's in the really tall stuff, but it was barely noticeable. It was also disappointing when I mowed through the tall stuff, because it missed quite a bit of grass. So I will try it some more in the spring to get a good opinion on it, but otherwise, it seems okay, maybe not worth $190, but okay.

Thanks for sharing your input on the mower.....you probably wish you had better things to say about it, though.
 
Yeah, although I do like the mulching deck, I think I might consider selling this one ^in the spring. Maybe I can get a little more than I got it for, and then put that money towards a new engine for my hi vac. After thinking about things, I really didn't want to pay so much, but I still bought it anyways.
 
Back
Top