Any fix for bad carb float needle seat on GXV120?

kylemorley

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Any fix for bad carb float needle seat on GXV120?
After a rather strenuous cleaning (had to drill our the rivets tha hold the valve together, and the little balls to clean internal passages) the Keihin carb on my GXV120 works fine, except that it leaks gas due to a leakage from the float needle. Since the needle and float seem in good shape I am assuming it is the seat. Is there any way to fix a bad seat or is it new carb time?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
  • / Any fix for bad carb float needle seat on GXV120?
After a rather strenuous cleaning (had to drill our the rivets tha hold the valve together, and the little balls to clean internal passages) the Keihin carb on my GXV120 works fine, except that it leaks gas due to a leakage from the float needle. Since the needle and float seem in good shape I am assuming it is the seat. Is there any way to fix a bad seat or is it new carb time?

You can buy a new needle valve, but it might be more effective (if the engine is older) to replace the entire carb. On the side of the block is a serial number, usually in the form of GXXX-1234567. If you'll share that with me, I can look up the carb part number and price for that specific engine, along with the needle valve alone.