Alternator not charging battery

TrayWay143

Threads
The wires comin from the alternator are two black wires going to a quick connector to two yellow wires going to a metal box type of thing. Then a red wire coming off the box i have going to the battery side of the starter solenoid.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m not going to be much help, as I’ve got no idea how you redid the wiring. Best I can tell you is find your charging system in the manual and slow trace your wires to March the diagram.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The wires comin from the alternator are two black wires going to a quick connector to two yellow wires going to a metal box type of thing. Then a red wire coming off the box i have going to the battery side of the starter solenoid.
Did you make sure the regulator case is grounded the engine/frame?

TrayWay143

Threads
I’m not going to be much help, as I’ve got no idea how you redid the wiring. Best I can tell you is find your charging system in the manual and slow trace your wires to March the diagram.
I basically got rid of all the wiring and only wired the wires that were absolutely necessary to run/drive the mower. Example, got rid of the safety switches.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it has a DCV output of 13.6 it will go to the battery for charging. I’m glad to see that you took the time to read the manual I posted and understand the charging system the charging system for your unit. I hope you understand why safety systems should not be disabled.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
If it has a DCV output of 13.6 it will go to the battery for charging. I’m glad to see that you took the time to read the manual I posted and understand the charging system the charging system for your unit. I hope you understand why safety systems should not be disabled.
When people “rewire” equipment, it makes it rather difficult in down the road for the next person working on it. I worked on a Yazoo Kees last year that had no less than 14 wires that were not connected to anything. Never did figure that one out, and start it by jumping solenoid.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
It's funny how folks that get a "free" mower off the side of the road don't want to pay me $40/hr to try and figure out the hacked up wiring. Usually a mess of black tape and wire nuts.