All excited about planning my flower beds

Harriet

Threads
I was starting to get all excited about planning my flower beds, as we had temperatures around 50 the last couple of days. When I woke up this morning we had 3 inches of snow, which is now slush. Funny how the weather affects our moods and motivates or de-motivates us, isn't it?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Ahhhh it will be SPRING soon and I just love flowers ... it certainly lets you know things are ready for a spectacular growing season... LOVE flowers...

My Mom always had lots of flowers. :smile:KennyV

monica123

Threads
My husband cleared out the spot he took over from me, so I am excited to have it back for my garden, just not sure what I want to plant there yet, maybe some veggies. I guess time will tell.

brucesdeere

Threads
The wife is driving me crazy planing her flower beds too.

outdoors Joe

Threads
It's not quite warm enough consistently to plant flower beds here yet, but my wife is planning what to plant. She really gets into it. She's already got little seedlings growing from seeds.

pollyannasmum

Threads
I'm surrounded by wild flowers like cowslips, primroses and bluebells so I don't bother planting any. I even have tulips shooting up at the bottom of the garden and I've never planted them so goodness knows where they come from!

Pika

Threads
I haven't planted flowers (other than roses) but I noticed that Home Depot has a raised bed kit for sale this week and I'm hoping to plant vegetables!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't planted flowers (other than roses) but I noticed that Home Depot has a raised bed kit for sale this week and I'm hoping to plant vegetables!

We have tulips and iris, but little else. Would love to grow more flowers but with the huge garden and yard I have no time to keep up a flowerbed, unless it's something that thrives on neglect. On the otrher hand, the butterfly bushes I planted three years ago have really gotten big, we love butterflies and hope to see lots more of them this year, with the Monarch population coming back.