All American blade sharpener

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sorry that mower is already recycled. I don't keep scrape laying long.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don't have a lot of control over what customers bring me. Plus time is money in a shop.
I simply don't sharpen blades for anyone other than commercial customers .
I explain it to them like this
1/2 hour @ 72/hr per blade = $ 72
Replacement blades = $ 50
If they bring them in to me off mower then it is $ 20 each
Usually when they "think" their blades need sharpening they are worn to the point that the tip is totally round and all of the cutting edge is worn away.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can lift a zero turn, remove the blades, sharpen the 3 blades, reinstall the blades and drop the mower in around 10 minutes.
I have an air assisted mower lift and a battery impact. Usually blade sharpening is part of an annual maint package so more is done while it is lifted.

bullet bob

Threads
When you're retired, lifting your zero turn, removing the blades, sharpening them & balancing, cleaning the deck, greasing up a few zerks, replacing everything, along with a couple of beers is a good 2 hour job. And it's a good job at that! ;)

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
While it is up on the lift i take the deck belt off to check spindle and idler bearings. Check drive belt(s) and idlers. Check deck wheels. Scrape out deck. And just look over the underside of the mower.

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had one come in that had half of the blade broken off. Never engaged the blades so don't know how much it vibrated.

bullet bob

Threads
Take a look at this one>

That's such a terrible rip-off! The short video they show is of the inventor of AA showing his 5005, complete with wearing the same clothes. Please don't support this type of rip-off, no mater what product it is.

bkeller500

Threads
For a homeowner, dressing a blade on a small bench grinder is not that difficult and it puts a nice edge on the blades. Never had a problem. Use a cheap balancer and your good. There are certainly better ways to sharpen blades and they may be more precise but not really necessary if your careful.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That's such a terrible rip-off! The short video they show is of the inventor of AA showing his 5005, complete with wearing the same clothes. Please don't support this type of rip-off, no mater what product it is.
In an ideal world people wouldrespet the IP of others and not buy rip off products.
However the success of Walmart , Harbour Freight & finally Ammozone shows people will happily buy stolen IP in the full knowledge that buying it will destroy the lives and living of thousands of their countrymen because we are greedy & selfish.
The largest hardwear franchise down here has put over 1,000,000 Australians out of work and destroyed over 3,000 otherwise successful local manufacturers .
As a detective friend use to say criminals only steal things because HONEST people buy stolen goods .