Adding headlights to my Hustler Raptor Zero turn

Yes, Thats what I want in case I forget to turn them off!

Your ignition switch doesn't have a accessory terminal. The R terminal may work for you with a relay or change your ignition switch over to a 5 terminal ignition switch instead of 4 in which you have now. Any way you look at it you will have to do some wiring. They didn't wire your mower for lights. Maybe add a pilot light to your system that will remind you to turn them off would be easier ?
 
I know I can but want to make sure I splice in on the right wire on my ignition switch. (See attachment)

View attachment 27987

Correction to this post. IGNORE IT!

Where your arrow is pointed to is the correct wire. I would attach after the fuse. Check to make sure no power with key off and power with key on after engine is started.
 
Last edited:
Where your arrow is pointed to is the correct wire. I would attach after the fuse. Check to make sure no power with key off and power with key on after engine is started.

If you look at the wiring diagram a little better you will see the wire he has the arrow pointed to go's to the positive side of the battery and will not work with the ignition switch, but be live all the time. It operates the positive side of the starter solenoid coil when you go to the start position. But do it as you want. There is a reason they add the fifth terminal on lawn tractor ignition switches and it for lights.
 
If you look at the wiring diagram a little better you will see the wire he has the arrow pointed to go's to the positive side of the battery and will not work with the ignition switch, but be live all the time. It operates the positive side of the starter solenoid coil when you go to the start position. But do it as you want. There is a reason they add the fifth terminal on lawn tractor ignition switches and it for lights.

Darn I completely missed that. What a rookie mistake. I now even see the B on the ignition.
 
Your ignition switch doesn't have a accessory terminal. The R terminal may work for you with a relay or change your ignition switch over to a 5 terminal ignition switch instead of 4 in which you have now. Any way you look at it you will have to do some wiring. They didn't wire your mower for lights. Maybe add a pilot light to your system that will remind you to turn them off would be easier ?

I like the idea to change the ignition switch over to a 5 terminal ignition, Any recommendations?
 
Back
Top