A Leaf Cleanup Job!

Threads
Here is one I did today. The leaves were all on one part of the yard, so I used the blower to get them into a semi-pile, and then raked them onto the tarp. Here are some pictures showing the process. :thumbsup: It took 5 tarp-fulls to get it all up! Later in the PM I ended up mowing the lawn, too.

Before: before.jpg

During (using the blower; pile; on tarp): during 1.jpg during 2.jpg during 3.jpg

After (2nd picture is of the pile it made in the road): after.jpg after 2.jpg

mowerman05

Threads
looks like a lot of work to do it that way, does the wind blow them back in the yard before the city picks them up?

Threads
looks like a lot of work to do it that way, does the wind blow them back in the yard before the city picks them up?

Sometimes it blows away a bit. It was breezy today, so I was tempted to put a tarp over it, but it ended up being fine. The little bit that did blow away went across the street, anyway. :laughing: One time (the other week when we got 8-9" of rain), I came home and my leaf pile was no where to be seen, because the rain washing down the road gutters had washed it away! :rolleyes:

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Man you need to get a billy goat you'd be done in 15 min that includes unloading and loading and charge them the same price.

Threads
Man you need to get a billy goat you'd be done in 15 min that includes unloading and loading and charge them the same price.

Maybe next year...I don't have many leaf cleanup jobs now. Most I take care of when mowing.....but next year I want to expand that area of my business.

TaskForceLawnCare

Threads
Maybe next year...I don't have many leaf cleanup jobs now. Most I take care of when mowing.....but next year I want to expand that area of my business.

I expanded or leaf removal this year. The wife and i where sitting in the office chatting and out of no where she said why do you worry about snow removal so much every year? When there's no guarantee it's even going to snow. Why don't you worry more about leaf removal? Because you can guarantee the trees will lose the leafs. She actually made a ton of sense

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sometimes it blows away a bit. It was breezy today, so I was tempted to put a tarp over it, but it ended up being fine. The little bit that did blow away went across the street, anyway. :laughing: One time (the other week when we got 8-9" of rain), I came home and my leaf pile was no where to be seen, because the rain washing down the road gutters had washed it away! :rolleyes:

Ever thought of taking customers hose and wetting the pile so it doesn't blow away

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I expanded or leaf removal this year. The wife and i where sitting in the office chatting and out of no where she said why do you worry about snow removal so much every year? When there's no guarantee it's even going to snow. Why don't you worry more about leaf removal? Because you can guarantee the trees will lose the leafs. She actually made a ton of sense
That's why I do both :)

Raw Dodge

Threads
not a ton of money in leaf removal here, snow on the other hand is very profitable. I think the opposite of you. leaves will definitely fall but it's not essential to clean them up, in fact if you clean up half the street it makes no difference when the leaves from the other ppl blow into yours yard. Snow on the other hand has to be removed and salt applications made at commercial industrial accounts...