725D Mower deck is stuck and makes clicking sound

4getgto

Threads
Yea I'd disconnect the linkage from the actuator and see what happens. Still won't prove the gears aren't totally stripped. Also while you have the actuator disconnected the deck should move freely up and down without binding.
If you do find the actuator bad they can be found a lot cheaper than $600 with a little research...

gsim

Threads
Hammermechanicman has right idea. Mine went dead and it was the push on connector under the operator seat. Another time it was the push on connector at the actuator . Both times I siimply cleaned the male connecter, put light coat of petroleum jelly on it, and crimped the female connectors with pliers just a bit to tighten them. Trouble has never returned. Be certain you are getting 12 VDC to the unit. One last thing is to check to see if you have a good ground connecton. A corroded ground connection can drive you in circles.

gsim

Threads
  • / 725D Mower deck is stuck and makes clicking sound
Very first thing I would do is pull apart 'weatherpack' wiring harness connector next to the mechamism. Look for white corrosion and determinne if it has snug fit when re-connecting it. Next, do likewise beneath seat where there is a 'T' connector. Loose connection in either of those can cauxe deck lift malfunction. I had to tighten those up using long nose pliers on the female connectors. One of them was culprit. Low voltage will make that thing click, but not work. Same as starter solenoid will do if battery is marginal. And I have also found corrosion inside of chassis wiring harness fuse holders too. Another thing that can cause it is a weak ground connection.