725D Mower deck is stuck and makes clicking sound

creeker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an issue with my mower deck that makes a clicking sound when you hit the button to bring it up or down.
There is no movement at all and makes a clicking sound.

I just recorded a video:

Is there anyone that has had this problem before or has any idea what I could try?
Are there any parts I could take apart of this mechanism and see if there is something stuck inside or where the sound is coming from?

Thanks!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

you will need to troubleshoot electrical system for deck, see wiring schematic for hydraulic deck lift assist. what year is 725D? also check fuses at fuse block.

Last edited:

ran

Threads
Mine makes that noise when it gets to the end of its travel up or down. I would check and make sure nothing is keeping the deck from moving or binding it.

creeker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I cleaned the mower very thoroughly and couldn't find anything that is preventing it from moving/binding.
I did, however, find a lot of plastic netting that got stuck around the PTO. I was able to cut that off, but it didn't made a difference.

Is there any way to open up the lifting mechanism and get access to the moving parts?

I did try to push/pull a bit on the mower deck to see whether it would come loose, but instead of the clicking sound, it doesn't do anything anymore now :/
So if there is any way to open up that mechanism I could take a look to at least see if something got stuck in there.

If not I guess I could replace the fuse just in case, although I would assume it wouldn't have done anything at all if there was a bad fuse in there.

It's a mower from 2016, so it isn't that old yet.

4getgto

Threads
I'd say your lift actuator is toast...

ran

Threads
Have you owned the mower very long? Has the deck went up and down for you before?

Rickw

Threads
Have you owned the mower very long? Has the deck went up and down for you before?
yeah or deck is stuck somehow? Can you put a floor jack under deck and put some up pressure on it then hit button?

ran

Threads
I notice in your video you got all four plastic spacers inserted in between the actuator. I think you might have to much pressure on them try adjusting the front of the deck down with the two rods on the deck one left one right or maybe pull the drive tires on to a couple two by fours but any way you want to you need to get the front of the deck down to get slack between the spacers so you can lift up on that round handle that the spacers are on. once you get the handle up it should work that clicking sound it makes is normal just means it cant move or its at the end of its travel. That's why I asked how long you have had it do you know how to work the lift of the deck its kind of hard to explain it while typing. Hope this helps

creeker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yes, I owned the mower since 2016 and the deck has always worked fine until one day my wife was mowing.
She said she didn't do anything different than usual.

I just again tried to mess with the deck by lifting it up and down with a floor jack. So far it hasn't made a difference.
Although since last time I tried that the clicking sound completely stopped, hitting the button does nothing anymore now.
I guess that's a bad thing. It looks like a new actuator is around 600 dollars :/

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you test that you are getting 12v ar tbe actuator when you hit the lift switch? Might want to check the electrics before dropping 600.