7.25 Craftsman self propelled lawnmower won't start after new carb install?

boycottg00gle

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 7.25 Craftsman self propelled lawnmower won't start after new carb install?
🙏😁 Thank you for that! I will watch that video now! I was trying to figure out how to test for a "full" spark all by myself! I don't have someone to help or watch, I'm a micky bojang kinda female making due! Using what I have for tools! PS, I use to be an auto mech, eons ago,😬 but never did much with small engines! It's been at least 30 years! 😬😁 And you do forget!
PS,I noted the the orange in line spark tester (thank you) is still quite short and hard to see from a pulling position, am I missing something? an easier way, please pardon my ignorance! 😉

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Some times I need to use a bit of tie wire to hook it up so I can see it .
FWIW the coils have a timimg chip ( points eliminator ) embedded in them so testing the strength is a moot point as they can not be repaired other than replacing the plug cap .

boycottg00gle

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay, so, take as wire, like an electric kinda wire? Jimmy bow jang a longer wire, so that it reaches where I can see it kinda thing? 😬😏 I know, I'm almost painful with this, I just didn't do this before! Once again sorry for my ignorance and thanks for your time!

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yeah.
Whatever you have on hand
I am on a farm block so there is no shortage of fence or tie wire
I make a hook to go under the tester then usually bring it up and hoot the other end through one of the cooling air holes in the top engine cover oreven around the dip stick tube .
They are all different so whatever works
Doing it in the shade will make the tester easier to see which is why I use the red tube ones and not a plain spark across a gap style

boycottg00gle

Forum Newbie
Threads
And new doesn't always means good. This is why you use a known good for testing.
So, after much wasted time and money, you were right, the carb was wrong, right part # from my manual, just the wrong carb and plug coming from amazon! So, I rebuilt my old carb, after waiting for more parts, and am super happy to report, today it fired up first pull! 🙏 Thank you very much for pointing this out, I did certainly learn lots about my lawn mower though, so all is good! 😏