54" MZ Won't start

Todd J

Threads
IT"S FIXED!!!!! The problem was the in-line fuse holder that connects to the solenoid. It was not making a good connection thru the holder. I replaced it and she starts and runs.

Thanks for the help. Glad to have that done and can move on to something else.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for coming back with the heads up
Glad it was a simple & cheap fix
I won't call it easy because electrical problems never are .

Garza726

Forum Newbie
Threads
IT"S FIXED!!!!! The problem was the in-line fuse holder that connects to the solenoid. It was not making a good connection thru the holder. I replaced it and she starts and runs.

Thanks for the help. Glad to have that done and can move on to something else.
I’ve been having the same problem as you on my 2014 MZ magnum with a 651v kawasaki. I got stuck in a low spot, shut her off and was not able to start up after I got it back to flat ground. I checked continuity on the fuses and safety switches, battery is new, and replaced the solenoid. I can only get a click out of it and my next step is testing the relays.

Can you share some insight on how you found the bad connection with the fuse holder?

Thanks

Todd J

Threads
It was totally by accident. I was checking for 12V at starter solenoid on the wire from starter switch. Sometimes I had it, sometimes not. A friend of mine was helping and he moved the fuse holder as I was checking for voltage and BAM, I had voltage. He moved it a little and no voltage. As we wiggled it back and forth voltage would come and go. I swapped it out and good to go.
Hope this helps you to find and fix your problem
Good luck