54" Hustler Raptor SD

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
There were some problems with the transaxle cross member support bracket. Take a look for failure there too.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
When the 42" Raptor first came out, missing bolts was one of the main problem as Hustler had only used plain nuts. They finally started using nylon lock nuts.

I only worked on one SD so far It had threw the belt but by the time it got here there was a lot more damage so the root cause wasn't discernible. The customer's wife had dropped a tractor bucket on the mower while attempting to loan it. I had to unload and move it around using a floor jack. Wheels would not turn. Several broken bolts was the result so I straighten out the mounts new 8 grade bolts, changed the belt and and idler pulley. I haven't seen it back yet and that was last year. But idler pulley bearing was shot.

Tina555

Forum Newbie
Threads
Had one doing the same thing , the tension spring was stretched and no longer keeping the belt tension up, Still throwing the belt , found a missing mounting bolt on one of the hydro motors , replaced the bolt and problem went away
Thank so much that it can be repaired & It gives me hope that it's not going to do this ever. It's w great mower when the belt is on. (It came off 3vtimew in 1 day)

gasjr4wd

Threads
Common issue with these mowers. Broken brackets are a big issue. There are updated brackets and cross members for these. However if you have access to a welder and a few pieces of metal you can make it so this never happens again w/o buying any kit from Hustler. One major help is adding a simple cross brace in the rear just over the muffler. Also replace bolts with grade 8.

Tina555

Forum Newbie
Threads
Common issue with these mowers. Broken brackets are a big issue. There are updated brackets and cross members for these. However if you have access to a welder and a few pieces of metal you can make it so this never happens again w/o buying any kit from Hustler. One major help is adding a simple cross brace in the rear just over the muffler. Also replace bolts with grade 8.
Thanks much