54" Hustler Raptor SD

Tina555

Forum Newbie
Threads
I just my Hustler raptor SD w/130 hrs on it. My mower is constantly throwing the drive belt w/deck is engaged.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
OEM Hustler Raptor SD Drive Belt 54" above is what you need.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Just so we are singing from the same song sheet
You are saying that the drive belt, the top one that connects to the hydros jumps off when you turn the belts on ?

Tina555

Forum Newbie
Threads
All the belts engage fine but the hydro belt comes off while I'm mowing.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Okay this particular Hustler setup can be cause by several problems. Loose transaxle mounting bolts (screws), Hydro fan blades that have drooped,hitting the drive belt. And single most troublesome part is the little 2 inch idler pulley bearings failing. Being only 2 inches it is operated at overspeed of the bearing rating. Also check the drive belt idler arm for wear.

Referencing Model 938381.

Tina555

Forum Newbie
Threads
Okay this particular Hustler setup can be cause by several problems. Loose transaxle mounting bolts (screws), Hydro fan blades that have drooped,hitting the drive belt. And single most troublesome part is the little 2 inch idler pulley bearings failing. Being only 2 inches it is operated at overspeed of the bearing rating. Also check the drive belt idler arm for wear.

Referencing Model 938381.
Thank u so muchhave a fabulous day

Bertrrr

Threads
Had one doing the same thing , the tension spring was stretched and no longer keeping the belt tension up, Still throwing the belt , found a missing mounting bolt on one of the hydro motors , replaced the bolt and problem went away