54” or 60”

Cornfield

Threads
Our club is nearly ready to choose a mower. I was sure that we would be getting a Toro Tin Max 60” but one of the members questioned transporting it for service. He said that his folks have a 60” and it won’t fit in a trailer. Our club will not have its own trailer so we’ll be dependent on U-Haul.
Opinions on this?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro Dealer will p/up, but at least here that costs..

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Toro Dealer will p/up, but at least here that costs..
Around here you can't even get the shop to work on it in busy mowing season. Never mind picking one up from another location.

Joed756

Threads
No matter what kind of club it is, one thing is certain. Somebody will always find a reason to throw a wrench into everything you try to do.

Joed756

Threads
You could always remove that 60" deck and carry it beside the mower if you have to, though often you need service on one or the other.

Cornfield

Threads
I'm buying from a local dealer that picks up and delivers

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
No one in the club has a trailer to haul the mower or could borrow one somewhere.

La Gasser

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 54" JD Zero Turn and it will just barely fit on a 5' wide trailer with the discharge chute removed - you have about 1" of space on each side of the deck. A 60" will need a 6' wide trailer. Wish I had bought a 6' wide one when I bought trailer. Hopefully it won't be often that you need to haul it, but when you do, you should be able to rent a trailer - Tractor Supply rents them in my area. Plus U-haul rents trailers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No crime in dropping the deck off to get it onto the trailer
Easier with a couple of strong lads .
A good dealer will take the deck off in any case to do the servicing

I am mobile and am currently limited to 48" decks so bigger than that get done on site

I have on occasions put some planks on my motorcycle trailer to bring the deck on a 60" mower above the mudguards .
I can do it here being on the rural fringe but would not try taking it through town .
Overhang would be illegal .
Also drop decks reverse the mower into the trailer then slide the deck under the caster wheels , lift the deck up high enough to close the tailgate and overhang out the back