403e carb, Missing something ?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Got one of these in today with a gut full of water, all well & good.
However I can not seem to find a model & type number anywhere, just a serial No on a sticker about to fall off the cowl.
So that is the first question, where did Briggs hide it or was it on a decal that has already fallen off ?

second question.
There is a white spigot / nipple on the right side of the carb that slots into the groove in the mounting bracket.
This is hollow , has barbs moulded in and was very clean comparred to the rest of the carb so I am assuming that there was a tube on there at one time but I can not find one listed in the parts book.
This is assuming it is in fact a 09P702 engine.

This is the primer version, not the choked one.
Any of you Briggs experts feel inclined to educate me ?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
From what I can locate Bert the model type and code is supposed to be stamped into the carb mounting plate to the right of the valve cover. At least for the 09p700 series. And it sounds like you have located the plastic nipple to no where. There was a discussion a few months ago on hear about that nipple. There is nothing that connects to it. I suspect it is a variation for possible remove primer setup.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you very much good sir.
I must have missed that thread.
Being down here we are not allowed to know these things unless one is an authorised & registered Briggs certified technician working in an authorised workshop.
Definitely nothing on the engine went over it with an inspection lamp & magnifier.

Pulled the engine number off an MTD site which is weird as it is fitted to a Victa.
Down here Victa & Rover are the dominant local brands but Rover is owned by MTD so I was thinking it might be a Chineese MTD knock off.