4 hp quartro

Threads
I just received a 4 hp Quartro on a Poulan chassis. It starts on first pull but starts surging and won't accelerate on fast setting just dies.
I replaced the carb diaphram cleaned all ports and blew out with air. All this and same results.
What am I missing?

Threads

That is odd,since you changed the dia and the gasket ?? In the right order ???

Bert Is right on a crack on the pickup tube......

OEM parts ?? I change these all the time in my shop and never have issues, unless there is something else wrong.....

Believe me when I say there are other issues when I say something else wrong Mon Ami ......... I dealt with one not long ago, and it was a headache for sure........

I worked on it 3 times before it got right...... It was only a partailly sheared key that caused the issue when it came back the second time.... The key was fine when we got the mower the first time. The governor link was not connected when I took the air shroud off, to check for a mouse nest........

I should have spotted a bad part in the first place.......

Did you take the Air Shroud off and check that the air vane is not blocked or getting hung up ??????

This is a video I made not long ago on that engine when it came back the 2nd time.....

It came back a 3rd time and I found out the problem, FINALLY........

Look at 1:29 at the gov linkage.... It was bent 2 different ways.... Now I am not saying that's your issue, But it would not start cause the linkage was in a bind and it didn't have the throttle plate in the right position.....

https://youtu.be/HejRZItbKCk

Let us Know Mon Ami ~!~!

Threads

That is odd,since you changed the dia and the gasket ?? In the right order ???

Bert Is right on a crack on the pickup tube......

OEM parts ?? I change these all the time in my shop and never have issues, unless there is something else wrong.....

Believe me when I say there are other issues when I say something else wrong Mon Ami ......... I dealt with one not long ago, and it was a headache for sure........

I worked on it 3 times before it got right...... It was only a partailly sheared key that caused the issue when it came back the second time.... The key was fine when we got the mower the first time. The governor link was not connected when I took the air shroud off, to check for a mouse nest........

I should have spotted a bad part in the first place.......

Did you take the Air Shroud off and check that the air vane is not blocked or getting hung up ??????

This is a video I made not long ago on that engine when it came back the 2nd time.....

It came back a 3rd time and I found out the problem, FINALLY........

Look at 1:29 at the gov linkage.... It was bent 2 different ways.... Now I am not saying that's your issue, But it would not start cause the linkage was in a bind and it didn't have the throttle plate in the right position.....

https://youtu.be/HejRZItbKCk

Let us Know Mon Ami ~!~!

No cracks found in pick up tube. I also sprayed carb cleaner with engine running on tube ,carb and tank, which should have caused rpm's to rise if there was a leak. The governor linkage moves freely, but rpms don't raise and the engine dies. ????

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No cracks found in pick up tube. I also sprayed carb cleaner with engine running on tube ,carb and tank, which should have caused rpm's to rise if there was a leak. The governor linkage moves freely, but rpms don't raise and the engine dies. ????

Unless you find singed eyebrows sexy you might like to think twice about using something that flamiable .
A stray spark and you have a new hairdo.
Try using one of those trigger packs next time with WD 40 or similar

Threads
UPDATE: I substituted a carb and gas tank from a different mower and all works good now. Still surges a little, but not bad and I now have full rpms.
Thanks to all for your help!