3200z Wont start

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Thank you. The PTO switch tested good. The mower is still under warranty, so he didn’t want me to dig too far into things. The dealership picked it up yesterday.

Any feedback on what the dealer has found?

fixit1ddh

Threads
Hi all, new member here.

My neighbor has a stock Ferris 3200z that wont run. He is not very mechanically inclined, so he asked me to have a look at it.

Situation:
It was running for approximately an hour, when he got off the mower to move some rocks and stuff out of the way (like he has has several times before) the mower shut off. When he sat back down to try and start it, it wouldnt even turn over.

Ive tested the seat, ignition, PTO, and brake switches. All are good. It has 195 hours on the clock, and he has it serviced annually. Its not a commercial machine.

Oil and fuel levels are good (for oil cut off questions). The battery tested tested 12.XX volts going into the starter solenoid. Mind you the motor was running just before it shut off.

When the PTO is off, the starter solenoid buzzes, with the PTO on it seems to engage the starter but the motor doesn't turn over. All of the fuses are good.

To me it sounds like some sort of safety switch... JMHO

He's a good family man, and Id like to help him out.
Im out of ideas...

Thank you in advance

Kb
I was mowing in middle of summer snd mower just turned off. Battery went belly up. Replaced battery checked charging system has been fine since. I'd be very suspect of the battery my battery was only 2 year's old and was fine. Just started mower 15 to 20 minutes before. Do a load test and see how that battery checks out.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Also install a Battery Tender in the winter months. Most importantly bring the battery indoors. Left out in -29F temps will kill it quick.