30 Million Hondas

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
When a Honda HRR216VKA lawnmower rolled off the assembly line in Swepsonville, N.C., last week, it represented more than simply another quality power product for Honda customers, it was the 30-millionth product to be built by the associates at Honda Power Equipment Manufacturing (HPE) since the plant began production back in 1984.

30mil_zpsa8a16948.jpg

To celebrate this milestone achievement, HPE associates gathered for a special line-off ceremony on September 5 to hear from members of the management team, including HPE President Shinji Oketani.

"I'm really happy we've reached 30 million units today ... my congratulations and 'Thank you' to everyone!" Oketani said before easily starting up the four-stroke lawnmower to associate applause.

In addition to lawnmowers, the more than 600 full-time associates who work at HPE produce an array of power equipment products, including general-purpose engines, tillers, string trimmers, water pumps, and snow blowers. HPE also has die casting, plastics, injection molding and machining capabilities, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately two million units for both retail and commercial uses.

"The fact that we were able to achieve 30 million units is due to the cooperation of many people and various stakeholders and everyone's daily efforts," said Oketani. "In particular, the most important reason is the trust from our customers. We must not ever forget this."

Threads
That's a big milestone! :thumbsup: I like how it said: "...Oketani said before easily starting up the four-stroke lawnmower to associate applause..."

JSB33

Threads
That is pretty cool, a real success story. They thought outside the box and it paid off for them and the people working there.

Giblet

Threads
Awesome. Where can we find more pictures of the assembly line and/or this plant or other plants? Absent any hybrid technology, that, my friends, is a lot of pistons...

Threads
I've purchased 2 out of those 30mm

Same here. :tongue: If I had an unlimited amount of money I would help the company more! :laughing:

I think it would be cool to own one of those European Honda mowers with the rear roller instead of 2 wheels. I bet it stripes SO good! :rolleyes:

European Honda.jpg

A_tank96

Threads
Same here. :tongue: If I had an unlimited amount of money I would help the company more! :laughing:

I think it would be cool to own one of those European Honda mowers with the rear roller instead of 2 wheels. I bet it stripes SO good! :rolleyes:

View attachment 17463

European models of mower have such great ideas to them, why don't they bring them to the US?

Aaron

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
When a Honda HRR216VKA lawnmower rolled off the assembly line in Swepsonville, N.C., last week, it represented more than simply another quality power product for Honda customers, it was the 30-millionth product to be built by the associates at Honda Power Equipment Manufacturing (HPE) since the plant began production back in 1984.

30mil_zpsa8a16948.jpg

To celebrate this milestone achievement, HPE associates gathered for a special line-off ceremony on September 5 to hear from members of the management team, including HPE President Shinji Oketani.

"I'm really happy we've reached 30 million units today ... my congratulations and 'Thank you' to everyone!" Oketani said before easily starting up the four-stroke lawnmower to associate applause.

In addition to lawnmowers, the more than 600 full-time associates who work at HPE produce an array of power equipment products, including general-purpose engines, tillers, string trimmers, water pumps, and snow blowers. HPE also has die casting, plastics, injection molding and machining capabilities, with an annual manufacturing capacity of approximately two million units for both retail and commercial uses.

"The fact that we were able to achieve 30 million units is due to the cooperation of many people and various stakeholders and everyone's daily efforts," said Oketani. "In particular, the most important reason is the trust from our customers. We must not ever forget this."

WOW, that's a lot of mowers!!! Question....exactly why did Honda quit making lawn tractors???? My next-door-neighbor had one for 10+ years that was his dads(probably had 20 years+ service on it) and I would have bought one when I was shopping for lawn tractors years ago if they had still sold them!!!

Threads
WOW, that's a lot of mowers!!! Question....exactly why did Honda quit making lawn tractors???? My next-door-neighbor had one for 10+ years that was his dads(probably had 20 years+ service on it) and I would have bought one when I was shopping for lawn tractors years ago if they had still sold them!!!

My guess is that they were just too expensive compared to other brands of mowers. But the reason they were so expensive is because they were built like tanks. I mean...just take a look at these Honda products (that are no longer made):

honda compact tractor.jpg honda walk behind.jpg
Second picture belongs to dfbrown.