Millstone Farm
Member
Ok, the valve with the bent pushrod is stuck. Either it's bent or the guide is warped or something. Engine probably overheated. I found a new head. I think I'll just replace both heads while I'm at it.
They probably did not both go at once.
As Walt has already mentioned these engines happily run on one cylinder. That's what I was thinking too. because the engine seemed to have lost alot of power, mowing in thicker grass, just before it shut down.
A pushrod bends because the cam is pushing it up but the valve can not go down Yes
Only 2 things cause this to happen
Valve is stuck or piston is hitting the valve. The valve is stuck. Had to bump it in with a hammer to get it to slide back in, and once down, the spring is unable to pull it back up..
ThanksYou should do a little investiating
Is the blower housing in good condition & all there ? Yes
Is the fan working Yes
Is the flywheel key intact Yes
are the fins clean could use some cleaning but is not clogged or overly dirty.
Sounds like new head time.
Unless you are really stretched for cash or have a philosiphical problem buying new parts it is not worth the time & effort mucking around .
Just bear in mind something caused that valve to bend and that is generally hitting the piston.