Engine 24 hp b&s vtech moter.

oldghy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. Just signed up to the Forum. This is what I have done so far new fuel filter new spark plug gov adj checked ele clutch
replaced mower belt cleen carb blew air threw fuel line engine starts a lot better seems to have mower pwr and smoother was still was not going up a gradual rise put some fuel additive to off set ethanol started getting power back
next time I got it out would not go up hill with blades running and moter dosn,t seem to slow down when placing lever to slow when warmed up it motor starts to slow down a little slowy thinking fuel pump next as mower got a little better
whwn I blew out line from filter bac k to tank last year but fuel looks good in filter I put mair fwd threw fuel pump maybe harmed fuel pump but why wopuld it work fine for a whil than act up again ?
Sorry about the length of post I can mowe the lawn across the grade but the smallest incline it dies out but dose not stop but it really struggles. Thank you for any suggestions.
:confused2:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
How old is the gas that is in it?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would drain the gas and start over with some new.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Probably has a bit of water in it, and that will be in the bottom of the carb.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would check the drive belt tension and the belt itself. The belt might be stretched and/or the tension is not moving freely, both mean loss of power transfer for the engine to the tranny.

oldghy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would check the drive belt tension and the belt itself. The belt might be stretched and/or the tension is not moving freely, both mean loss of power transfer for the engine to the tranny.

I replaced one belt that goes around elec clutch it had a tear in it I thought and hoped that was it just like you suggested no such luck thank you.I have the new other belt old one looks ok but im going to replace it today and put in new gas thank you both.

oldghy

Forum Newbie
Threads
gas
I will keep posting my bad luck. I replaced gas,adjusted the gov spring to a little more tension as one end of were the gov spring attaqches was a little sloppy. Lawn tractor cellinoid has been clicking cleaned the connitions bo luck crossed the terminals with screwdriver still clicking starter starts to move but doesn,t replaced cell still just clicks bringing starter to be tested I than I will see if its astill loseing pwr. If it wasn,t for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all hate to give up always liked this tractor. Spring came unattached once thought the engine was going to blow so I know shee has a lot of life still. Thanks For listening===I turn a wrench better than I spell wouldn,t take much to be better tha spelling lol'

I

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maybe back up and look at compression?