20x6.5-10 tyre replacement

Mad_mat222

Threads
Greetings,
I’m posting here because I’m aware this tyre has been fitted to a limited number of other machines (Scag for sure) not just my Hustler Raptor 36”. These Grassmaster/turf saver tyres are good however finding replacements in Australia is nearly impossible. The 20x8-10 is a lot more common.

Has anyone converted their machine to the larger size? Because of the width, my rim needs to be spaced out an inch. The only way I see this being done easily is to machine up an axle block and either fit longer studs and bolt straight through

or fit studs to the block and bolt the block onto the axle using original studs in an off set. Landcruisers did this on the original V8 series.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That really is an odd size and you are right none of my 3 distributors keep a 20x6.5x10 including RGS who were the Hustler distributors in Australia for over 15 years
No Scags that I know of use that size tyre either the smallest they use is the 20x8x10 and that is on the 36" decks .
Worth remembering that the 10" will be 0.75" wider on both ides of the rim so the 8" should be fine .