204412-0163-e1

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Never worked on this particular model, i removed the nuts holding the carb on, but it appears i need a star socket (6) socket to remove the studs so i can take off the carb?
Is that correct?
Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Scrub, They are E5 external Torx. HFT has a set sockets that has this size in the set.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
back on this engine, got it running, runs great and smooth, however, even when warmed up will only start on choke, and the muffler is glowing red, and i've always heard this is caused by the fuel mix too lean.
Intake gaskets are oem new. i soaked the carb and sprayed everything out with carb spray and compressed air.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
20210304-182417.jpg

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
i looked back at the parts diagram, i realized i had put the intake gaskets in the wrong order, redid those, thought maybe that might have something to do with it (?) but it didn't change anything.
after about 1 minute running, it starts glowing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Firstly check the plugs
If the plugs are a good colour don't worry about the exhausts
A lot now days run at red heat in order to completely burn any fuel that gets to the muffler via valve overlap for example.
If the plugs look like it is burning too lean and the carb is clean then take to the main jet with one of those tip cleaners & enlarge the jet a touch.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Firstly check the plugs
If the plugs are a good colour don't worry about the exhausts
A lot now days run at red heat in order to completely burn any fuel that gets to the muffler via valve overlap for example.
If the plugs look like it is burning too lean and the carb is clean then take to the main jet with one of those tip cleaners & enlarge the jet a touch.
It's got a brand new RC12YC plug like was in it, the old plug looked fine, greyish tan color. slightly dark. I may try the old plug in it too, just to see. I'll take the new plug out and see what it looks like now
2006 model, so would that count?

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Model of the generator is Troy bilt 030245, i also contacted Briggs with all of the information too.

Last edited: