2023 BB Magnum Mz will not start (electrical)

J.S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Motor: Kohler 7000 series 725. The starter left bolt worked loose causing a jump miss to engage. Replaced starter bolts and ground on left bolt.
A month later ZTR occasionally shut down and restarted after a few minutes after getting off and checking wiggling connections. Now nothing after turning off.
Replaced switch, solenoid, and battery. Should have joined forum first...this was wasted time and money.
Forum has helped with the following: It has 4 safety switches that have continuity. Seat, brake, control arms. Can they still be bad?
Main electrical connections cleaned and reconnected. Starts with screwdriver on solenoid.
Found two fuses, a 10 amp by switch, 25 amp near solenoid, also have continuity. Can fuse circuits be bad.

I have Neuropathy... This means I drop bolts, washers, and nuts that can take an hour to find them and attach them.
Not having fun getting old.
Thanks for reading this,
Jim

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most of us are very brave at getting old. I personally done been in the horsepital twice this year. So glad that I finally got a some good health insurance that partially started the first of June and rest starts the first of July. I think if the doctors would just listen to me and stop screwing with my meds I be okay for a while.

J.S.

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since my original post on my Bad Boy MZ Magnum 54 electrical no start problem. Here is the solution below.

Replaced the following: Not in order.
Starter was not the problem as I thought since it skipped a few teeth.
Tester used, found no continuity on the below.
10 amp fuse good - not the problem.
25 amp fuse good - not the problem.
Seat safety switch - not the problem.
Replace the perfectly good 12v battery.
Solenoid replaced - not the problem.
Left and Right steering arm safety switches - not the problem.
PTO Switch replaced - not the problem.
Ignition switch replaced - not the problem.
Brake safety switch - may be part of the problem.

I read in this forum that the back side of the 25 amp socket didn't have continuity. This was the main problem!
The fuse socket is exposed and not attached. Easy for a stick to hit it. I cut out and replace the socket, put back in the original 25 amp fuse and...with a nod to the mower Gods above, my prayers were answered.

Thank you for this forum!
It is truly a great source of helpful information. This, with onsite help, was the answer.
Jim

lugbolt

Threads
I was reading from top down and that was my first thought too. The fuse holder or wiring. Glad you got 'er figured out! (I have had to replace a few of those bad boy fuse holders...their harnesses are trash).