2021 60" Bad Boy ZT Elite drive belt adjustment

Beanpole

Forum Newbie
Threads
Does it make a difference what the height of the deck is when adjusting the drive belt tension? Without a belt tension gauge can it be eyeballed to 1/2", 1", or whatever he slack should be? Thank you.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
Can't answer the question about deck height, but my dealer told me (and I've seen other references to it) that the proper belt tension is when you can slip a credit card between the spring coils of the tensioner spring with minimal effort but there's not so much space between coils that there is slop when the card is inserted. I'm sure that translates to some feeler gauge thickness but the credit card thickness was the easy way to explain it.

Beanpole

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can't answer the question about deck height, but my dealer told me (and I've seen other references to it) that the proper belt tension is when you can slip a credit card between the spring coils of the tensioner spring with minimal effort but there's not so much space between coils that there is slop when the card is inserted. I'm sure that translates to some feeler gauge thickness but the credit card thickness was the easy way to explain it.
thank you Big Blue Edge