2017 toro ztr

Fairlane

Threads
Rivets it is a 2P77F, standing behind the mower the right side plug had lots of oil, checked the oil before i started it it was right on no gas smell, the left plug looked pretty good

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That would indicate to me that I should start by checking and replacing the head gasket on the right side. Others may have a different opinion.

Fairlane

Threads
Thanks for the manual Rivets, I have been searching for torque specs for this engine with no much luck

Fairlane

Threads
Thanks Rivets, I will the gaskets ordered doing the right side first and will go from there,really appreciate all the help, soon as I can to it I will let you know how it went .

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Remember you don't just toss on new head gaskets and cut some grass. You need to lap the head AND the area where the gasket sits on the block. Never seen a flat head pulled from an air cooler mower engine. Talking about 150 grit paper and a plate glass window. I use my side garage door window. Hold the paper at the top right corner of the glass and LET THE PAPER DO THE WORK. Sorry for the caps. Just emphasizing some tips and tricks for you. No need to press on the glass other than making contact with the paper. Rotate the head as you lap.

3 step head bolt torque is another good idea.

Lastly I spray the gaskets with Permatex Hi-Tack sealant spray.
1724884154708.jpeg

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First, NEVER use a secondary sealant on head gaskets, not designed for that purpose. A head gasket should always be installed dry. Second, before you try to smooth the surface of a head, check it first with a good straight edge. You can do more damage than good if done incorrectly. I’ve replaced hundreds of head gaskets and I doubt if I’ve had 2 dozen that needed sanding.