2016 Seat Safety Switch too sensitivie,shuts off, New style

Strip Poker 388

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / 2016 Seat Safety Switch too sensitivie,shuts off, New style
Im regretting buying a Sears Craftsman now. But like some say there's only a few manufacturers that are making them for all the other name brands out there.

Its 3 weeks old and while running if you lean ANY the switch shuts it off, I cant even cut at any angle/slope at all on the yard, The switch is between the seat and seat bottom plate, it looks like there is no adjustment.They prob made it hard to get to because everybody bypassing them, I really dont want to delete/bypass it. Its made diff from the old style switch's that's easy to get to, The my old Craftsman is no where near this sensitive, Its basically un usable on any slope.

I Called Sears, that made me want to take the lawnmover back,there is a Difference between a dissatisfied customer & an Angry Customer. Told the locall Sears store owner I bought from, same BS, Sears service was a joke,they said they would charge me to come out and ck it. they said ck the air filter,bad gas,to clean the switch. its not even dusty from cutting the yard. Ive never talked to such a idiot,ck the air filter?...Gona suck when I really have a warranty problem.

Do you all have any experience with this new style? mods ?

Im thinking if I put something on the top of the switch, take up some slack,maybe 2in round maybe .250-.365 thick puck,rubber,something that will put some slight pressure on the switch?

Heres a vid I found on youtube shows the style, https://youtu.be/m9Sf9CBw-7Q

Md 203811,42in

sears.jpgCraftsman sux 2016 .JPG

thanks for any help in this matter

Rob:wink:

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads

Im thinking if I put something on the top of the switch, take up some slack,maybe 2in round maybe .250-.365 thick puck,rubber,something that will put some slight pressure on the switch?

View attachment 29265View attachment 29266

That would be my try to fix it? or put on a few extra pounds? It has to be very discouraging to buy a new mower and have nothing but problems. At one time if you bought something from Sears and was dissatisfied for any reason you could bring it back to them for a complete refund. I don't know if you can still do that

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/cra...45/0071/917/model-917203811/0247/1509200.html

First unplug harness from seat switch & visually inspect connections at switch & plug end. Make sure connections inside plug are all lined up equally for a good connection at seat switch. If all looks good, purchase a small tube of silicone dielectric grease at any auto parts store & put a small amount on seat switch tabs before installing plug. This grease works well on all electrical connections, inside spark plug boot etc.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have stuck a couple of pieces of duct tape on a switch that I could not get to work.
Tried swapping the switch twice with no luck so assumed there was a problem with the seat pressing but there is only so much money a customer is willing to spend.
Just make sure you do not over do it so it still works.
A functioning seat switch is important..

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take switch out and add foam in its place. Reinstall switch and see if it works. Don't forget to check to see if mower turns off when you get up. If it does not improve add more foam until it works. Low density foam I would do one inch at a time. High density foam 1/2 inch at a time.

Strip Poker 388

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got a pc of hd foam ,im gona cut a round puck out of it and try,

I got to looking at the seat, weird, one side has a ruff texture to it and other is smooth,side lumbar ? also the material is slick as shet, its slicker that the seats in my truck with armor all on them, My girlfriend mainly cuts the grass, maybe I can put some Velcro on her but,lol I know when I tried it i slid off the seat when it was a on a angle,It cant be good on the motor cutting the ignition on and off at wfo.

Thanks for all the help

IMG_5040.JPGIMG_5039.JPGIMG_5041.JPG