2014 Craftsman T2000 Carb adjustment?

golfmaniac2

Forum Newbie
Threads
What is the procedure in adjusting the low speed and high speed carb needles?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
No adjustable jets on that mower
So detail what your problem is
Add the model & serial numbers from the tag under the seat & we will see what we can do to help

golfmaniac2

Forum Newbie
Threads
The engine would start run for 30 seconds then die. Over and over and over again. So I replace the Fuel filter. No change. So I replaced the air filter. No change, so I installed a new spark plug no change. So I installed a new carb. That seemed to fix it. But it ran very ruff. There are 2 adjustable screws. 1 is the idle screw. 2nd is, I do not know so I messed with it. At some point I no longer know what the factory setting was. With the engine running I screwed it all the way in and then screwed it all the way out to see what the engine would do. Eventually I got the engine to run pretty good. The choked worked. The throttle idled down good and at full throttle the engine ran good. So if there are no adjustable jets on the carburetor what is this screw. The Silver screw is the idle screw. What is the screw right below the idle screw and what is the setting supposed to be. There were no tag under the seat. But here is the engine model 33R877 and Type Number. 0002-G1
1688019140900.png

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did your old carb have both of those screws ?
So you have bought a junk carb off Scamazon and this is not the carb the engine came with .
The High speed ( throttle open ) is determined by the main jet at the bottom of the transfer tube
In the side there should only be one screw , the long one with the spline on it which is the idle mixture screw and sets the air:fuel ratio
The screw behind the welch plug is the idle volume screw which controls the volume of the air-fuel mix entering the cylinder when the throttle is closed on the throttle stop
I have not seen one of these for decades .
Usually it is done with a series of small holes
And your picture is way too small to be of much use .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What OP has is a Nikki clone carburetor. As said the screw with serrations and small double D is the idle mixture. The other screw is the idle speed and you will need a tach to set the speed at 1750 rpms.

This idle mixture adjustment may not even work on the current carburetor. If this is the case, the engine would be surging at idle and off load high idle; even after the static governor adjust has been done. A couple years ago I ran across one these carburetors. Internally there is an idle mixture limiting jet that may need resizing so the idle mixture screw will work.

Last edited:

golfmaniac2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did your old carb have both of those screws ?
So you have bought a junk carb off Scamazon and this is not the carb the engine came with .
The High speed ( throttle open ) is determined by the main jet at the bottom of the transfer tube
In the side there should only be one screw , the long one with the spline on it which is the idle mixture screw and sets the air:fuel ratio
The screw behind the welch plug is the idle volume screw which controls the volume of the air-fuel mix entering the cylinder when the throttle is closed on the throttle stop
I have not seen one of these for decades .
Usually it is done with a series of small holes
And your picture is way too small to be of much use .
Yes, both of the screws. the new cab was exactly the same, which I was surprised.
Yes, from Scamazon.
Hmmm transfer tube. Not sure what that is. Could you describe it please. I will open the old carb one to see.
What is the idle mixture screw setting? Is it about 1 1/2 turn out?
Or maybe one is not suppose to mess with it.
I want to clean the old one and see if I can get it to work.
What is the welch plug?
Picture is way too small? Hmmm I don't know why for when I pasted it, it is quite large.
Thank You for all your help.

golfmaniac2

Forum Newbie
Threads
What OP is a Nikki clone carburetor. As said the screw with serrations and small double D is the idle mixture. The other screw is the idle speed and you will need a tach to set the speed at 1750 rpms.

This idle mixture adjustment may not even work on the current carburetor. If this is the case, the engine would be surging at idle and off load high idle; even after the static governor adjust has been done. A couple years ago I ran across one these carburetors. Internally there is an idle mixture limiting jet that may need resizing so the idle mixture screw will work.
I will admit, my knowledge of lawn mower carbs is very very basic.
What is OP?
When I first start the engine with choke, then on to normal throttle, the engine does surge but the engine surging calms down.
I don't want to mess with the new cab, but would like to learn more about it on the old carb.
Think I will just clean it and see if it works.
Thank you for your help.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OP stands for Original Poster. I did leave a word out but I think a lot faster than I type. The word "has"