2011 TROYBILT BRONCO 13WX78KSO11

KER

Threads
Recently I had a idler pulley flat come off of my Drive and Transmission area on the frame of my Bronco, and the fault was that the mower failed to move forward or reverse. I reinstalled the components as needed and the mower now is functioning as normal, with the exception that the 42 inch mower deck blades are rotating once the Bronco has ben started regardless of the position of the PTO engage disengage lever on the right side of the power equipment. I've checked the installation and routing of the deck engage cable and it is correct. Any suggestions as what the fix is for this?

Thank you

KER

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
"¯\_(ツ)_/¯" No wiring from PTO switch to clutch exists.

If you actually looked at the IPL you would had seen it is a manual PTO.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
judging from the PTO pulley used, it's a manual engagement with a cable.
1633357709337.png

KER

Threads
Ok so why are the blades engaged when the PTO is not ?

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
You tell us after you find the problem, like I said above be patient taking your time looking over everything PTO related using your eyes & hands & pages 8 & 9 in parts manual.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
With the mower off, check that the spring loaded idler is returning all of the way in the disengaged position, i.e., nothing jambing it.

KER

Threads
Mark,
Item # 47 is there and not missing, perhaps the deck engage cable is unserviceable ? When I move the PTO lever there is not tension at all,
With the mower off, check that the spring loaded idler is returning all of the way in the disengaged position, i.e., nothing jambing it.
No nothing is jamming it, Are both idler pulleys on the drive systems suppose to spin? You are referring to the spring loaded idler on the mower deck correct?

Last edited:

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Yes, we're talking about the deck now.,, and to answer your question on the drive pulleys, yes, both are supposed to spin.

let me put on my thinking cap