2006 Silver Eagle 50" Mower Deck Spindles

jaxontheweb

Threads
UPDATE: from 6/1/2020 The spindle units were out sourced from South America, Venezuela I was told. They are tapered roller bearings. The upper spacer is really a threaded adjustment for the bearings. There were 4 set screws, 2 of which screwed in to the shaft on 90 degree angle from each other. The bearings were standard sizes but the seals were metric and had to be obtained from a bearing supply house. Regular parts house had no clue about the metric size markings on the side of the seal much less where to find them and the Dixie Chopper shop suggested to just get the new and improved version of the complete spindle. Once the first one was disassembled the others were simple.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
But OEMs think all of us are either stupid or lazy.;)

Glad to heard of someone willing to take the time to learn about something. Some parts are custom but most are easily obtainable once you know the specs.

I am currently order a socket for a Scag spindle rebuild here. I didn't the 38MM or an 1-1/2" socket. Once I get ti apart I will be doing similar research for replacement parts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is so little profit in making mowers the only custom parts are generally castings ( because casting is the cheapest way of shaping metal ) & Belts .
Everything else will be a standard part so it is just a matter of doing some detective work.
Engineering supply companies can usually fathom any weird looking bearing.