2005 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 44" Spindle Repair Issue

Jaxondaweb

Threads
  • / 2005 Dixie Chopper Silver Eagle 44" Spindle Repair Issue
Hello everybody, I just found the forum. My center spindle bearings are shot. I removed the spindle and there is a silver disc with 2 Allen Head screws that I removed. The disc looks like it should come right off but I have tried prying it with a screw driver and pounded on the spindle and it is not budging. Any ideas how to get this thing lose? It is not rusted. The silver disc has two holes in the top of it. Does this require some sort of special tool? Photos attached. Seems that I can't attach the photos because they are too large file sizes. Thanks, Steve
In 2005 - 06 there were spindles made in So. America. They were metric had set screws in the top disc on the side of the disc and the disc would screw off and on and the bearing consisted of an inner and outer bearing race and the seal was separate from the bearing. My 2006 has them. All of the components can be purchased from a commercial equipment bearing company and they are easy to reassemble. They are also adjustable like an older automobile front wheel or trailer hub. My suggestion is to buy a complete replacement hub unless you are mechanically inclined and understand the hubs on a trailer or the front wheel bearing on a 76 Corvette. The newer bearing sets are sealed and the grease fitting is almost useless you remove the inner seal so that grease from a grease gun to reach the bearing.