2003 XWF2700 - Kohler gas engine No crank

macec3(TX)

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dixie Chopper will not crank at all. Cleaned battery terminals on both cables. Checked continuity of both battery cables. Checked key switch. Had starter rebuilt with new solenoid. Checked fuse. Connected to new battery. By passed the shut down switch in the seat.
When key is turned 1 click the oil pressure alarm sounds. When the key is moved to the spring loaded start position, nothing. No sound, no smoke, no sparks, nothing at all. I am not very knowledgeable about electrical systems. Any help or advice would be appreciated.
Thanks.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Safety switches on the control arms or a parking brake switch. Pto switch could also cause issues.

macec3(TX)

Forum Newbie
Threads
Safety switches on the control arms or a parking brake switch. Pto switch could also cause issues.
This is a 2003 model. I don't think it has all the safety devices the newer ones have. I have started the engine with the parking brake on and off. No difference. No pto switch. Will start with the blades engaged or disengaged. Control arms don't have any wiring that would indicate there is a switch on them either. Only safety switch is the shut down located in the seat. Got to have my butt in the seat for it to crank.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds like some pratt has been into the wiring
As such not much we can do to help you
And it should have switches on the lap bars, blade engagement & parking brake.
These have been on ZTR's from day one .

macec3(TX)

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sounds like some pratt has been into the wiring
As such not much we can do to help you
And it should have switches on the lap bars, blade engagement & parking brake.
These have been on ZTR's from day one .
I bought this mower brand new. I have never altered any wiring.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
OK,
Egg on face time
I could not find a 2003 XWF wiring diagram but I did find a 2001 & 2005 one.
So it looks like you are right & I have just learned some thing
No safety switches apart from the seat switch and a tilt switch apparently not fitted to the Kohler engined models.
So if there is no voltage on the blue wire when the key is in he start position then either the blue wire is broken or the switch is broken,
Take the plug off the back of the key switch , check for battery voltage on the red wire and if there then jimp the blue & red wires.
Engine rotates bad switch
Engine does not rotate then bad wire

macec3(TX)

Forum Newbie
Threads
I tested my switch while watching a youtube video. He used a switch that he knew was good for the video. My switch checked out just like his. I will check the wiring on the back tomorrow. Thanks